Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Agreed.

And I'll just add [for perspective] that the coaching staff reaching out doesn't necessarily mean that there is reciprocal interest, that we have the NIL funds to meet the request, that he won't have more preferable options, etc. Until we hear otherwise, I wouldn't get hopes up.

Bingo but not even making the effort would be maddening so glad they did. Also it’s a kid we have an existing relationship with, went to a sweet 16 in Orange and could have a monster year with lots of attention to precede an NBA career. So hey- who knows? Plus he stayed close to home with the Hall so he isn’t having to go far. We can have fun with the what ifs until the door is officially closed.

Also this is one of the times you go out and find that $$$$ . Because if you do he comes and we have a great year- the faith in the sources of that money that it is well spent goes up.

I don't want to raise anyone's expectation's but we have talked to Kadary.
I’m happy we’ve at least talked to him. I imagine Griff and Red still have a good relationship with him. But I’m doubtful we have the dough to actually make this happen unless there’s some wealthy angel donor willing to pony up. Anyone?

That Covid year really messed things up. No one got to experience a real campus life because of the (understandable) restrictions. Kadary and Woody never had a chance to fall in love with the school, the campus and city, and our awesome fans and play in front of a packed Dome. I always believe things would have unfolded very differently if Covid didn’t happen.

I’m happy we’ve at least talked to him. I imagine Griff and Red still have a good relationship with him. But I’m doubtful we have the dough to actually make this happen unless there’s some wealthy angel donor willing to pony up. Anyone?

That Covid year really messed things up. No one got to experience a real campus life that year because of the (understandable) restrictions. Kadary and Woody never had a chance to fall in love with the school, the campus and city, and our awesome fans and play in front of a packed Dome. I always believe things would have unfolded very differently if Covid didn’t happen.
Maybe. And we did somehow come up with the Dough for McCord. So you never know. But I'm not holding my breathe.

We’re not done and I will add there is reciprocal interest. It’s not a one way conversation.

No guarantees.
1000000895.gif

Maybe. And we did somehow come up with the Dough for McCord. So you never know. But I'm not holding my breathe.

I believe we have more than most people here think we have, for the right player. Is that going to be enough for Kardary? I’m not sure. In general, I am pleased that we seem willing to at least attempt to pony up for a big fish that fits the bill.

Just FYI re: the tweet above, not suggesting we aren't talking to him or even have a chance, but if it's a strictly money deal, we're gonna lose.

Johnnie’s just doing what every NYC team tries to do- who cares about fit or puzzle pieces just throw as much money at everyone and hope it works out

Johnnie’s just doing what every NYC team tries to do- who cares about fit or puzzle pieces just throw as much money at everyone and hope it works out
I think Rick is a little smarter than that.

I don’t think he goes to St. John’s. The shine is off Pitino.

I feel if he wanted St John's and St John's money that would have already happened.