Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Yeah I'd take him today, but he was not a very good basketball player his freshman year. There's no denying that. Girard didn't get "gifted" anything. They split time, neither really outshone the other to any great extent and one took his ball and went home at the end of the season.
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

We want a seat at the table, Louisville wants under the table, FSU is willing to dance on the table and Rutgers wants to flip the table.
Somewhere in this equation between Louisville and a table Pitino is lurking.

Kadary isn’t a shooter I think we all know that, atleast most of us. And we don’t need him to shoot. We need him to play his game. Try to stop him from driving , dishing or scoring on the way to the hoop. That’s his game.
He will be looking for a BIG BAG!!!!!

If my memory serves me, and thats a big if because its been marinating in Manhattans for the last 2 years, but it was JB who gave JG3 the nod over Kadary at the time. If I recall correctly, it was the assistants that really really wanted Kadary and were a bit perturbed at JB for the decision to go with (for lack of a better word) JG3. Maybe Kadary remembers that Red went to bat for him. Maybe that means something. Who knows.

We’re not done and I will add there is reciprocal interest. It’s not a one way conversation.

No guarantees.
Wow, I had checked out of this thread because it stopped being fun talking in circles about the one that got away. I don't even know what I'd do if he actually came back. This would completely change the way I view next year's team. Maybe change my outlook on life. I don't know.

Wow, I had checked out of this thread because it stopped being fun talking in circles about the one that got away. I don't even know what I'd do if he actually came back. This would completely change the way I view next year's team. Maybe change my outlook on life. I don't know.
Just imagine in this wacky world of portalling, that Kadary says "I'm just going to go through the process and take my time - maybe I will decide after Peach Jam" :)

...then, weeks later narrows his list down to 20 or more suitors?

This thread may very well break the internet.

Just imagine in this wacky world of portalling, that Kadary says "I'm just going to go through the process and take my time - maybe I will decide after Peach Jam" :)

...then, weeks later narrows his list down to 20 or more suitors?

This thread may very well break the internet.
You shut your who...I can't say that anymore, damn it.

If my memory serves me, and thats a big if because its been marinating in Manhattans for the last 2 years, but it was JB who gave JG3 the nod over Kadary at the time. If I recall correctly, it was the assistants that really really wanted Kadary and were a bit perturbed at JB for the decision to go with (for lack of a better word) JG3. Maybe Kadary remembers that Red went to bat for him. Maybe that means something. Who knows.
I also recall that Richmond was really excited to be Orange at first. Unfortunately, he and JB didn't click, Girard was the choice, and Richmond left.

Similar stories abound, with Starling and Westry both choosing elsewhere, then coming here at least in part because JB retired.

Richmond fulfilling his dream of playing for the Orange and getting a big NIL deal doesn't seem crazy. Plus, he's already comfortable with the coaches and school, having been here.

With JB retired, it really doesn't seem far fetched if the money (and other unknown criteria) are right.

Girls(ish) have used that line on me for years. I don't want to raise your expectations, but I'll talk to you. Mostly because I want my phone to stop ringing.

Hopefully this time the movie will have a happy ending.
I'll help you up your game if you need it.

Jims worst trait was publicly throwing his players under the bus. He is very insecure and it manifested in horrible behavior. Be it towards his players or press it was his Achilles.
Compare that to Red this year. He never threw any players under the bus when he probably had many chance to do it.

Kadary and Jaquan played against each other in HS a number of times and I am sure many other times in summer ball, AAU, etc. They have known each other for a long time. I bet they are talking about playing together and how it might work.

If Richmond comes, we would suddenly have 5 guards, 4 of which are NYC natives. You could call Chance a guard too but I consider him a swing man.

I guess this is what happens when your HC and most experienced assistant are both from the city.

Kadary was two years ahead of Jaquan but they were both among the best players in the city circa 2019.

Here is one article on a game they played…

Compare that to Red this year. He never threw any players under the bus when he probably had many chance to do it.
That’s true but Autry also just coached one of the worst disciplined and least well behaved teams in Cuse history. One might argue that perhaps he should have thrown some under the bus to gain full control. Autry needs to show full control this year no matter how he does it.

JB not only made a bad decision but in addition the way that he tried to defend his decision by trying to put the blame on Kadary for not being in shape was a low point for him.
Huh? Holloway had the same issue.
“Holloway still believes Richmond can get into better condition and has to want to bring 100 percent effort on a daily basis. Asked what the new coach is working on with his star, Holloway bluntly said, “from the shoulders up.” “I tell him every day, 'we can't turn the switch off and on,'” Holloway said.Oct 19, 2022”

He played 21 minutes a game here as a freshman here in 2020-2021 and 25.9 minutes as a sophomore at SHU. It was between his sophomore and junior years at Seton Hall that Holloway made the above comment and I doubt anyone at SHU thought Holloway was being cruel. In his junior year he played 27.5 minutes/g and this past year he increased it to 32.7 minutes/g. He’s not the same player after his 4th, heading into his 5th year that he was here in his first. He’s still has so much talent to display, and even more potential ahead of him.

JB not only made a bad decision but in addition the way that he tried to defend his decision by trying to put the blame on Kadary for not being in shape was a low point for him.

I have that decision up there with Vietnam, Ryan Leaf or Sam Bowie - the deal we got was probably worse