Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Everything I'm reading says it's St.John's and Pitino where he's going

There have been at least 3 phone calls. Now, who knows? But I don't think our coaches are in to wasting their time. I would be taken back if he went to Syracuse. But after what I am seeing football it would be a nice change.
He still wants to be in the North East so his Mom can watch him play. Does she know about the new seats at the dome?

On a more serious note do we think there’s a chance we wanted to wait for the portal entry window to close before putting a full court press on him?

Kadary is a guy that can pull 30 mins from the 1-3. Seems likely that Cuffe or maybe even Bell might’ve said peace out this squad is getting way too crowded with scorers. I thought it was really interesting that Bell implied he was on the fence for the portal until the very last day.

As it stands now there’s 6-7 guys to split the 1-3 and there’ll be a healthy amount of competition on minutes. None of those guys are miles ahead of each other.

Adding or even offering huge money to a top of the league Guard like Kadary changes the dynamics completely especially if he decides on the Johnnies.

On a more serious note do we think there’s a chance we wanted to wait for the portal entry window to close before putting a full court press on him?

Kadary is a guy that can pull 30 mins from the 1-3. Seems likely that Cuffe or maybe even Bell might’ve said peace out this squad is getting way too crowded with scorers. I thought it was really interesting that Bell implied he was on the fence for the portal until the very last day.

As it stands now there’s 6-7 guys to split the 1-3 and there’ll be a healthy amount of competition on minutes. None of those guys are miles ahead of each other.

Adding or even offering huge money to a top of the league Guard like Kadary changes the dynamics completely especially if he decides on the Johnnies.
If Kadary is on the floor he is playing the 1.

If he didn’t like it at SU from the start, why would he want to come back?
Why do you think he didn't apparently like it? If you were asking me, I'd say the dude that dictates your playing time. That man is no longer here. It's also no longer covid. Many things have changed. Orange is the new fresh start.

Why do you think he didn't apparently like it? If you were asking me, I'd say the dude that dictates your playing time. That man is no longer here. It's also no longer covid. Many things have changed. Orange is the new fresh start.
2020 was a terrible year to start your college career, especially as an athlete and especially at SU. So many rules. So much isolation. Universities asking athletes to rat out their peers who may have broken rules.

Home games played in an empty dome.

What was there to like about 2020-2021 season.

I don’t think boeheim or the staff were the cause of his transfer. The entire freshman class left. It was a terrible year to be a freshman college athlete.

I have to friends whose children were freshman scholarship athletes that year. One transferred the other quit her sport. They hated their experiences that year.

I agree, coming back to the Orange in 2024 would be a great fresh start or second chance to be the Orangeman he originally chose to be.

2020 was a terrible year to start your college career, especially as an athlete and especially at SU. So many rules. So much isolation. Universities asking athletes to rat out their peers who may have broken rules.

I don’t think boeheim or the staff were the cause of his transfer. The entire freshman class left. It was a terrible year to be a freshman college athlete.

I have to friends whose children were freshman scholarship athletes that year. One transferred the other quit her sport. They hated their experiences that year.

I agree, coming back to the Orange in 2024 would be a great fresh start or second chance to be the Orangeman he originally chose to be.
Are you REALLY saying that Boeheim wasn't a significant factor in Kadary's transfer?

I don't disagree with all of your points. But you're leaving out the biggest one so either you're spinning things or not much dialed into what happened his Freshman year. He didn't get the run he should have. He was also not prioritized in Jim's plans for the following year. Jim butchered this, that's what happened.

Are you REALLY saying that Boeheim wasn't a significant factor in Kadary's transfer?

I don't disagree with all of your points. But you're leaving out the biggest one so either you're spinning things or not much dialed into what happened his Freshman year. He didn't get the run he should have. He was also not prioritized in Jim's plans for the following year. Jim butchered this, that's what happened.
I could be wrong, but his freshman year I saw a young man who didn't seem to be giving total effort. He appeared out of shape much of the time.

In this era of the portal, I'm reminded of the traditional conundrum regarding time travel: what I you got back in time and accidently kill your father before he met your mother? Would you then disappear?

There's nothing so absurd it could not happen.
If you kill your father before he met your mother, there would be no one to come back to kill your father. Right?

Kadary—about him not being great at shooting the 3…. Okay, it he does other things. If he’s not a sniper, but can post up and shoot in the paint at 60+% and draw fouls, that has a value, too. I see him like a Kidd, who has no J early on but was still a great PG. This is a similar argument to the thing about Lampkin not blocking shots. But, a big, strong body in the paint and a more physical rebounder makes for a more prominent defensive presence. Taking away shot opportunities is the objective, not splashy swats. Ideally, you have both, but….

All that said, I’d be flabbergasted if KaDary came back and I’m mixxy on whether I’d want him to. I think he excels in a half court, slower offense and I hope we’re going to be more about speed, though I don’t know if Lampkin is that dude, either. I think he’s quick enough.

I liked KaDary in Orange, and thought he deserved more than he got, but I still have reservations about the motor/constant effort. Still trying to understand how two different coaches/universities were unable to get him into the “shape” or conditioning they wanted if not for some sort of physical pathology. I mean, aren’t the coaches in charge of how much he works on cardio/stamina?

A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I know it’s the fashion on this board to blame JB for everything from global warming to your steak being overcooked at Golden Corral last night, but lots of reasons why Richmond left.

He was a Top 75 at best recruit who played 21 mpg here with incumbent starters at guard and a highly regarded transfer at SF.
He admitted himself in an interview mid season with one of our basketball writers that he didn’t realize how well conditioned you had to be to play at this level and came in in less than optimal shape.
He stated that he was leaving because the coaches here would not allow him to show all facets of his game to enable him to get to the level. He was told to stop jacking threes when he was 2-16 from distance on the year.
Every coach he has played for has talked about how much better he could be if he worked harder in practice and followed the advice of his coaches. His Seton Hall coach under whom he blossomed even made a comment that Richmond’s issues are solely from the shoulders up.

Let’s be real here. The 2024 Richmond is a much better player than the one who left here and would raise the talent level on the team considerable but he is not a golden ticket to the Final Four.
The fact that there has been engagement shows that there is some interest on both sides, but for the prodigal son to return BOTH sides need to be convinced it’s the right fit. I am not sure either one is at that point.

A lot of revisionist history in this thread. I know it’s the fashion on this board to blame JB for everything from global warming to your steak being overcooked at Golden Corral last night, but lots of reasons why Richmond left.

He was a Top 75 at best recruit who played 21 mpg here with incumbent starters at guard and a highly regarded transfer at SF.
He admitted himself in an interview mid season with one of our basketball writers that he didn’t realize how well conditioned you had to be to play at this level and came in in less than optimal shape.
He stated that he was leaving because the coaches here would not allow him to show all facets of his game to enable him to get to the level. He was told to stop jacking threes when he was 2-16 from distance on the year.
Every coach he has played for has talked about how much better he could be if he worked harder in practice and followed the advice of his coaches. His Seton Hall coach under whom he blossomed even made a comment that Richmond’s issues are solely from the shoulders up.

Let’s be real here. The 2024 Richmond is a much better player than the one who left here and would raise the talent level on the team considerable but he is not a golden ticket to the Final Four.
The fact that there has been engagement shows that there is some interest on both sides, but for the prodigal son to return BOTH sides need to be convinced it’s the right fit. I am not sure either one is at that point.
IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!

Revisionist History on this Forum!? I don't believe it.

He’s the number 1 ranked portal player. Nobody is a “golden ticket to the final four” but he’s about as impactful as you’re going to get for a team that needs a lead guard.

Jacking threes? As a freshman Kadary played about as composed as anyone I can remember in a Cuse uniform. You’re joining the revisionist history crew from the other side.

You’re not convinced it’s a lock - no ish. If you have intel share it, if not you’re blindly guessing like the rest of us.

He’s the number 1 ranked portal player. Nobody is a “golden ticket to the final four” but he’s about as impactful as you’re going to get for a team that needs a lead guard.

Jacking threes? As a freshman Kadary played about as composed as anyone I can remember in a Cuse uniform. You’re joining the revisionist history crew from the other side.

You’re not convinced it’s a lock - no ish. If you have intel share it, if not you’re blindly guessing like the rest of us.
That is not accurate that he's #1. I just read an article on3 two days ago that lists him as the #3 Point Guard available right now. We can all cherry pick facts that fit our narrative. He's near the top of the list but let's not act like he's Michael Jordan either.

That is not accurate that he's #1. I just read an article on3 two days ago that lists him as the #3 Point Guard available right now. We can all cherry pick facts that fit our narrative. He's near the top of the list but let's not act like he's Michael Jordan either.
There is nobody with a higher transfer rating on 247