Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Kadary could well be the New Big East preseason player of the year. If he stays in that conference.

If he were to come here, I think we show up in most people’s preseason top 25s.

The big time programs reload with a seasoned senior PG from the portal when their PG leaves. We need to start acting like a big time program again.

Agreed.

If we land Kadary, shoring up a significant "weak" spot in the lineup, next year's team could be top 25. Now, we obviously don't know how the players will gel, whether or not the team actualizes it's potential, etc.

But I think they'd be a solid NCAA tournament team, and certainly maybe more.

Probably both. If they’re trying to sell him on that three guard lineup, I just doubt know how that works. Kadary is a ball dominant guard.
Kadary played in what was essentially a 4 guard lineup at SHU. Dawes, a 6’1 guard, Wusu a 6’4” guard, Davis a 6’6” guard and Richmond a 6’6” guard was their starting lineup, Bediako was their 6’10” center. It allowed Richmond to go off ball, play the forward, shooting guard role and attack from the wings too. He alternated within games, even between each game how much he played on ball. He was a forward growing up so he’s also very comfortable on a wing. Often he’d bring up the ball and hand it off to another guard and slide to the wing. He’s kind of the epitome of a multi positional type player. I think coaches, fans wanted him to be more ball dominant but he picked the opponent and times when he was. He, actually being a good rebounder, initiated many fast breaks with great outlet passes to another guard.

Chaz owens was on the team last year lol
If he’s a good practice player who makes the starters better, glad he’s here. Most good walkons consider the practices their “game time” and compete hard in practice.

If he goes to St. John’s, he becomes part of a three-headed ball dominant point guard group where he would be the primary ball handler for 13.33 minutes per game?

Kadary played in what was essentially a 4 guard lineup at SHU. Dawes, a 6’1 guard, Wusu a 6’4” guard, Davis a 6’6” guard and Richmond a 6’6” guard was their starting lineup, Bediako was their 6’10” center. It allowed Richmond to go off ball, play the forward, shooting guard role and attack from the wings too. He alternated within games, even between each game how much he played on ball. He was a forward growing up so he’s also very comfortable on a wing. Often he’d bring up the ball and hand it off to another guard and slide to the wing. He’s kind of the epitome of a multi positional type player. I think coaches, fans wanted him to be more ball dominant but he picked the opponent and times when he was. He actually being a good rebounder, initiated many fast breaks with great outlet passes to another guard.
He was third in the big east in assists behind Newton and Kolek. I watched probably 20 of their games, there wasn't anything to describe him as other than a point guard.

Last edited:
He’s kind of the epitome of a multi positional type player. I think coaches, fans wanted him to be more ball dominant but he picked the opponent and times when he was.
The multi positional versatility seems to align with Red's vision. To me, Kadary's skill would seem to play best as a ball dominant PG/playmaker. With Judah as the example, maybe that is how Red would play him.

Maybe part of the decision making for Kadary is what role he thinks best suits him and his development relative to having a shot at making the league.

If he goes to St. John’s, he becomes part of a three-headed ball dominant point guard group where he would be the primary ball handler for 13.33 minutes per game?
Who’s the 3rd guard?

Kadary played in what was essentially a 4 guard lineup at SHU. Dawes, a 6’1 guard, Wusu a 6’4” guard, Davis a 6’6” guard and Richmond a 6’6” guard was their starting lineup, Bediako was their 6’10” center. It allowed Richmond to go off ball, play the forward, shooting guard role and attack from the wings too. He alternated within games, even between each game how much he played on ball. He was a forward growing up so he’s also very comfortable on a wing. Often he’d bring up the ball and hand it off to another guard and slide to the wing. He’s kind of the epitome of a multi positional type player. I think coaches, fans wanted him to be more ball dominant but he picked the opponent and times when he was. He, actually being a good rebounder, initiated many fast breaks with great outlet passes to another guard.

He would get that opportunity here somewhat too but also to play with a more traditional lineup with a true big and a true PF in Donnie. Not to mention a bunch of other guys who share the ball.

He could put up the kind of assist numbers here to lead the country in that category and even further raise his profile. St John’s is another experiment this year. I’d wager that with the team he would join here the potential is higher to do more in a league that should be deeper this year too.

They put that green symbol in the majority of their twitter posts. Don’t think there is anything to be inferred there
Why would they put a recycle symbol in most of their tweets?

Hopefully St Johns just adding a PG will give him pause and want to seriously listen to our offer
I agree. The more of a sure thing the Johnnies think it is tomorrow the more worried I’d be if it were me. If it were Kadary I’d think it would’ve leaked

Wilcher
lol

Kadary and Smith both had near or over 30% usage in conference play last year. And they were both the main handlers. Cant see how Wilcher gets any meaningful time with the rock

That’s the comment a guy who expects to be “the guy” in the backcourt makes. In a over read of a quote
Yeah not exactly “I’ve been hitting him up begging him to come!!” It’s more like a “if he comes he’s a good passer “

lol

Kadary and Smith both had near or over 30% usage in conference play last year. And they were both the main handlers. Cant see how Wilcher gets any meaningful time with the rock
I don't see how they make the three of them work. If one were a freshman, I could see him taking a back seat. But, these are all upper classmen.