Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

does Kadary fit the style Red wants to play? He’s not a high energy full court defender or one who leads in transition. More of a half court kid.

And did he really shut it down for a few games over a NIL dispute? Does Red want that drama after what he just went through?

Maybe address the other needs and call it good. Opinion.
They average almost 75 ppg, with limited shooting... This young gentleman absolutely gets out on the break with I would say really good instincts in relation to passing the ball. Go New York City

One of the St John’s ‘experts’ posted early this morning Kadary was deciding today. He then recanted that and said he is deciding tomorrow.

Sounds like any delay is good for us and bad for them.

I make no predictions, because this modern era of the Portal with NIL bidding wars is cray-town.

But I'm guessing that it was wishful thinking / over confidence on their part. They want their bagman to be able to "win" every bidding war, and who wouldn't want to play for a legendary coach / New Yorker like Rick Pitino?

But recruiting -- even via the Portal -- is a two-way street. And maybe Kadary isn't the slam dunk they believed, for any of a variety of reasons.

One of the St John’s ‘experts’ posted early this morning Kadary was deciding today. He then recanted that and said he is deciding tomorrow.

Adding Kadary doesn’t make sense on either side to me with Smith committing. They need more shooting to which Smith ( low volume), Wilcher ( freshman and streaky but not known as a high pct shooter from deep) don’t really give them and Kadary is a PG and playmaker who can shoot it from deep but that isn’t his forte.

Then you figure the challenges over usage rates and it’s not a match for either side to me with them adding Smith.

sexy the simpsons GIF

This thread makes me feel like Homer felt watching Flanders ski.

Last edited:

The delay may be a result of the player not making the decision within the reported timeline. However I think these timing things often don't line up because every expert/reporter wants to be the first one that 'called it' and often jump the gun and need to backtrack.

exactly how I read it too. Let’s not forget Peppy Leffew two weeks ago. When decisions aren’t made when expected it ain’t gonna happen.

Someone might’ve come in with a last minute offer to sweeten the pot. Maybe us or who knows.

The delay may be a result of the player not making the decision within the reported timeline. However I think these timing things often don't line up because every expert/reporter wants to be the first one that 'called it' and often jump the gun and need to backtrack.
You mean like Mikey McC?

Kadary coming back would be as big, if not bigger, than McCord coming.
Maybe?

PG is 1/5 of a starting lineup and BB is a much smaller roster so his impact would be multiplied. PG is one of the most impactful positions.

QB is 1/11 of a starting offensive lineup. QB is *the* most impactful position.

I'd say with the football driving the bus and the importance of becoming more relevant for conference realignment reasons, I'd lean towards McCord.

Maybe?

PG is 1/5 of a starting lineup and BB is a much smaller roster so his impact would be multiplied. PG is one of the most impactful positions.

QB is 1/11 of a starting offensive lineup. QB is *the* most impactful position.

I'd say with the football driving the bus and the importance of becoming more relevant for conference realignment reasons, I'd lean towards McCord.

I would say equally significant in the mindset of both programs possibly having very successful seasons and being a catalyst for an extended period of success long overdue.

For our high quality board social app stalkers, any new connections between Kadary and Cuse guys or say incoming 5 star power forward recruits joining us this Fall?