Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

OK. We need minute by minute updates featuring actionable intelligence paired with corroborated reconnaissance. Therefore:
1. Get Toga out on the Thruway.
2. djorange monitor social media
3. All the Cuse###s report to the Exojet hangar
4. People this is not a drill. I say again this is not a drill.
5. Plant unsubstantiated chatter on the Internet about Pitino‘s “Italian roots“ and ties to the Sopranos.

If we pull this off, generations of Orange fans will say, “this was their finest hour.“

Last edited:
Maybe?

PG is 1/5 of a starting lineup and BB is a much smaller roster so his impact would be multiplied. PG is one of the most impactful positions.

QB is 1/11 of a starting offensive lineup. QB is *the* most impactful position.

I'd say with the football driving the bus and the importance of becoming more relevant for conference realignment reasons, I'd lean towards McCord.
Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls with two different teams. I'd say quarterback is the most important position in any team sport, by a wide margin.

Having a dominant player at any position in basketball might be second... Jordan and LeBron showed that. Although a dominant goalie in hockey can be right there.

Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls with two different teams. I'd say quarterback is the most important position in any team sport, by a wide margin.

Having a dominant player at any position in basketball might be second... Jordan and LeBron showed that. Although a dominant goalie in hockey can be right there.
Anyone that can “stand on their head” is important.

As much as I love Kadary and I think we could easily be a top 10 team with him - the starting QB for a one loss Ohio State team (to Michigan) transferring to Cuse for his last season is bigger by moons, starts and quasars
Ha, I was having a conversation today with somebody about a completely different sport and before I walked away he goes "And how the fkkkkk did Syracuse get Ohio St's starting quarterback??" The two aren't even comparable.

But now back to Kadary Richmond either making my spring or breaking my heart...

Fair point. But there are also examples of teams winning a SB with a below than average QB (ravens and Trent Dilfer).

Fair point. But there are also examples of teams winning a SB with a below than average QB (ravens and Trent Dilfer).
The fact that you know Trent Dilfer's name shows just how powerful an exception he is to the rule. And he certainly wasn't bad.

Look at the last 25 years in the NFL, and it's almost always been top QB play that wins.

That's one reason why McCord is incredibly important. Richmond would be a distant second among transfers to Syracuse.

McCord was one of the best transfers in football
Kadary is one of the best transfers in basketball

Doesn’t matter much where they come from if they are the top at what they do..

But bringing Kadary back would be just as big of a statement for us imo

Dilfer is the poster child for the topic.
I loved the ‘85 Bears, but Jim McMahon was not a great QB.
Didn’t Brad Johnson win one? Tampa?

Dilfer is the poster child for the topic.
I loved the ‘85 Bears, but Jim McMahon was not a great QB.
Didn’t Brad Johnson win one? Tampa?
What about the eagles qb? I can’t even remember his name.

Fran set the tone for everyone to follow…

But yea was McCord insane at the time we got him…yes absolutely…is it still insane now also yes absolutely 100%

But we’re still talking about one of the top names in the portal for basketball

If the Ohio state mystique is really sending some of you to levels unknown…then thats fair

But for me comparing the two in seperate sports McCord is a top Qb football Kadary is a top Pg in basketball

Both top marquee names AND bringing him back after he was one of the toughest transfers to ever leave here…man would feel just about as good to me for basketball as it does for McCord for football

Maybe one has an edge but it’s not by much!!!