G, TC, TR, TL, MR my favorite lineup | Syracusefan.com

G, TC, TR, TL, MR my favorite lineup

Dave85

Living Legend
I just finished watching the UConn and Texas A&M games a second time in preparation for tomorrow night. I know there has been a lot commentary about not having a very deep bench. But I want to say something about the virtues of only playing 6 guys. In watching the UConn and Texas A&M games a second time there is something magical going on with offensive chemistry in the G, TC, TR, TL, and MR lineup. They are really fast. And they move really well together as a team on offense. As this year goes on my thinking is the G, TC, TR, TL, MR lineup is going to improve to greater levels beyond our comprehension. As these guys learn how to play off each other tendencies more consistently we are going to see some really good offensive games. The sequence starting at the 11:58 in the Texas A&M game had a crazy good passing sequence. It gave me an instant satori as to what this team is capable of achieving on offense. I'm telling you there's something really special going on here on offense. Watch it tomorrow night for confirmation. Anytime you see the G, TC, TR, TL, MR lineup watch how fast and fluid the offense runs. I'm really excited. Yeah, I know, we all get really excited about the Orange every year. But this time I really mean it!

One thing that is massively underated about Lydon is his ability to handle the rock on the perimeter. Love what we did putting him at the top of the three point line and him handling it 4-5 bounces.

Last edited:
Mine, too. However Lydon couldn't handle that one A & M guy and he scored a lot when Lydon was in. DC is important as well, although we're not as fast with him in it. I didn't expect him to step up the way he did in Atlantis. Can he keep it up?

The quickness of our team is something we haven't seen in a loooooong time. It's exhilarlating!

Mine, too. However Lydon couldn't handle that one A & M guy and he scored a lot when Lydon was in. DC is important as well, although we're not as fast with him in it. I didn't expect him to step up the way he did in Atlantis. Can he keep it up?

The quickness of our team is something we haven't seen in a loooooong time. It's exhilarlating!
I agree on the quickness. I was surprised and impressed at Malachi's driving ability. The kid sees a path to the basket and doesn't hesitate. He is going to pick up some offensive fouls, but if he chooses his spots carefully, he will be hard to stop going to the basket.

I think that is everyones favorite lineup
I think Coach Boeheim also favors this lineup. ;)

All joking aside, they will need some rest but not as much as many are fretting about. The key will be avoiding injuries.

Last edited:
I think Coach Boeheim is also favors this lineup. ;)

All joking aside, they will need some rest but not as much as many are fretting about. The key will be avoiding injuries.
DEAR GOD!!! Cancel, universe, cancel!!!

great lineup. only concern remains lydon in the middle on defense.