G-town and Thompson-2 Exposed | Syracusefan.com

G-town and Thompson-2 Exposed

Wow, that is pretty blunt. I remember reading the story about how JT2 was able to rally his program against rampant racism in the early days. A banner appeared in their gym overnight with a very offensive racial slur on it. JT2 was able to use it for positive motivation and to bring his team together in an "us against them" type situation and also secure himself as the unquestionable leader (by all parties: players, fans, and administration).

It turned out later that JT2 is the one who put the banner up.

I know a Jesuit who was at Georgetown when AI was there. He said AI would get so rowdy with parties in his room with undesirable locals, they would have to bring in his mother (I think from somewhere in VA) to get him to calm down -- he wouldn't listen to anyone at the university including his coach. The Jesuit was disgusted at how the institution let him live his life on campus.

Your undesirables comment made me think of the funny new Directv commercial. :noidea:

And Wednesday is the final day of "The John Thompson Show" on ESPN980 radio here in DC. Our long local nightmare is over.

am I the only one who gets some golf article when I click the link in the OP?

am I the only one who gets some golf article when I click the link in the OP?
The Georgetown stuff begins in the 2nd paragraph...after the golf stuff.

And Wednesday is the final day of "The John Thompson Show" on ESPN980 radio here in DC. Our long local nightmare is over.
I cannot believe that guy is still let anywhere near a microphone.
He is absolutely the worst ever.
Especially in light of Mr. Phony's pathetic attempts to intimidate reporters when he was the coach.

And who in their right mind uses a towel as a clothing accessory, anyway?

I LOOOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!

I am sure he is leaving on his own terms. He couldn't possibly be fired. That would be racist.

I can't seem to find the article - click on the link and there is an article about match play and Tiger losing. Am i missing something or did the story get taken down?

though Georgetown still sucks

I can't seem to find the article - click on the link and there is an article about match play and Tiger losing. Am i missing something or did the story get taken down?

though Georgetown still sucks
Scroll down - under the header of "Iverson’s Georgetown guidance just Hoya hooey"

Iverson’s Georgetown guidance just Hoya hooey
More than $150 million in NBA salary and millions more in sneaker deals later, Allen Iverson is broke. Worse, he is in deep debt.
So what happened to those piles of pandering stories about how the mentoring of John Thompson II and the noble academic and social influences of Georgetown University combined to turn Iverson’s life into a warm, cuddly success story?
There was never any evidence any of that was true, only evidence to the contrary. But there sure were lots of TV, radio and print stories and interviews that claimed it was all true.
Iverson was just one piece in a Thompson/Georgetown con job and race hustle over many years. To ask pertinent questions about the Georgetown program was to run a big risk of being called a racist in return. Run for your life!
Incidentally, if the “You’re not allowed to ask any good questions edict sounds familiar, it also was applied to those who invested with Bernie Madoff.

Scroll down - under the header of "Iverson’s Georgetown guidance just Hoya hooey"
Ah - thanks. When I first tried from my phone it said the page was unavailable and then when I tried on the laptop I didn't scroll past enough adds.

And, Georgetown still sucks

I cannot believe that guy is still let anywhere near a microphone.
He is absolutely the worst ever.
Especially in light of Mr. Phony's pathetic attempts to intimidate reporters when he was the coach.

And who in their right mind uses a towel as a clothing accessory, anyway?

I LOOOOOOAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!

Yes - everyone knows it makes a great between-meal snack.

jerry-tarkanian-chewing-towel2_display_image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom