Game 1 - this is good basketball | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 - this is good basketball

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Hardly any turnovers by either team, good possessions, crisp passing, nice flow to the game, physical but not overly so. Well refereed too. Actual fouls are called, Battiers slide in front Duke crap is a foul on him like it should be, flops are ignored.

This is basketball. Hoping for a great finish.

Amazing what happens when you get at least one team that actually plays team basketball, which is a rarity in the NBA. And the Heat, despite being built around superstars, are built around superstars who like to share the ball, so while they aren't quite the "team" that San Antonio is, they still play a much better brand than most teams in the league.

Tony Parker is absurd. I don't think there's a more under-appreciated player in the league. He's a superstar who has just completely flown under the radar because of where he's played his whole career, and the fact that he's been in Duncan and, to a lesser extent, Ginobili's shadow.

Honest question - when his career is over, will be be considered one of the 10 best point guards of all-time? He's gotta be close. He's a first ballot HOF'er if you ask me.

I'm a Heat fan, but, damn, whatta great game! That Parker shot was sick. Can't dislike the Spurs. Not happy with Bosh right now, though.

Winning shot with 0.0000001 seconds left in the shot clock.

Tony Parker is absurd. I don't think there's a more under-appreciated player in the league. He's a superstar who has just completely flown under the radar because of where he's played his whole career, and the fact that he's been in Duncan and, to a lesser extent, Ginobili's shadow.

Honest question - when his career is over, will be be considered one of the 10 best point guards of all-time? He's gotta be close. He's a first ballot HOF'er if you ask me.

He's always been good, but last year and this year he's played at as high of a level as a PG can play.

Ginobili kinda sucks now, on the other hand.

Kawai and others were missing WIDE open 3s. Duncan missed open looks.

Not looking good for Heat. LeBron' going to have to win this by himself

Kawai and others were missing WIDE open 3s. Duncan missed open looks.

Not looking good for Heat. LeBron' going to have to win this by himself

Battier's MIA. Lost his mojo, and shot. May have to suit up Juwan Howard!

So are any non NBA fans going to come in and say something dumb about the best player on the losing team? That's always entertaining.

LeBron' going to have to win this by himself
Which is amazing when you consider how deep people said Miami was all season and how the place is the premier organization for free agents to come chase rings for a pay cut.:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hardly any turnovers by either team, good possessions, crisp passing, nice flow to the game, physical but not overly so. Well refereed too. Actual fouls are called, Battiers slide in front Duke crap is a foul on him like it should be, flops are ignored.

This is basketball. Hoping for a great finish.

Duncan's first foul should have been a charge on Wade, but otherwise seems like the refs weren't too awful.

I'm pissed I missed the second half, I was so tired I went to bed at half and then hit the DVR, but I got a text from a buddy that spoiled the game, so I didn't bother to watch it.

First half was a lot of fun, seems like the second half was good as well?

I just hope this isn't like last year, where I was convinced Mia-OKC were going to play a classic series and then Miami won in 5. Maybe San Antonio takes it in 5? Seems unlikely, but you never know

I've been saying it for years, Tony Parker is one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

And he conquered the insides of Eva Longoria.

So LeBron is 0-5 against the Spurs in the finals now :D. Sorry... i have irrational hate for LeBron (but love to watch him play... i'm so confused).

Duncan's consistency is the most amazing story in this series. He is basically putting up his same numbers (adjusted per minute) since he came into the league.

Last night's game wasn't a splashy one for him and he ended up with 20/14/3 blocks.

Duncan's consistency is the most amazing story in this series. He is basically putting up his same numbers (adjusted per minute) since he came into the league.

Last night's game wasn't a splashy one for him and he ended up with 20/14/3 blocks.

EvenRobert Parrish & Kareem weren't putting up numbers like that at age 37 in an NBA finals.

EvenRobert Parrish & Kareem weren't putting up numbers like that at age 37 in an NBA finals.

Kareem averaged 26-9-5 and won finals MVP at age 37, which is pretty amazing. Kareem definitely wasn't a great rebounder by the end though