Game 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 2

orangejunkie

Starter
Another blow out, but still entertaining, especially watching the newcomers. BJ Johnson really stepped up and had a nice game. It's like the game slowed down for him and he was able to do some things we knew he could, like shoot the ball. I think he was the teams leading scorer. What a luxury to have a 6'7" wing that can shoot with range and also handle the ball. A few more games to go but he may be making a strong case for being a regular rotation guy when the real season starts.

As much as Johnson stepped up, I thought Patterson did not show the improvement I'd hoped for. Didn't shoot the ball well at all and had a number of turnovers. Looks to be a notch below others and seems to be rushing everything and trying to do too much. To his credit he does make nice contributions on the defensive end and never stops hustling. He is active and causes turnovers. His defensive contributions are way ahead of his offensive game. Boeheim is patient now but won't be when the real games start. I suspect there will be a regular 3 guard rotation, with Ennis, Cooney, and Gbinije. Johnson is being used strictly as a stretch forward.

With respect to Ennis. He just doesn't play like a freshman. So polished and in control. We haven't had a PG like him in a long time. More advanced and all around skill level than MCW last season. He may not have the highlight film plays and impressive steal totals, but a much more efficient game.

Patterson was called a "Cincinnati or Pitt" style guard. Or dare I say Gtown. You know, those guys you don't like to play against cuz they make the game ugly. I think that's potentially a nice fit. Not our style but a hard-nosed stopper could be a nice option off the bench. Agree the shooting and handle are scary bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom