Game ball to Marek .. | Syracusefan.com

Game ball to Marek ..

His floaters in the lane reminds me of Josh Pace.

I like the pace comparison. Mareks offensive game isn’t nearly as advanced as pace’s was (even as a frosh) but he’s got the same great feel for the game and I suspect he ends up getting his points in much the same way as pace did.

He is probably 4-5 inches taller than pace so the ceiling is higher. A 6-9 pace would have solved almost every problem those 04 ad 05 teams had.

I disagree with giving the game ball to Marek. Game ball goes to the best player on the court tonight. The Flying Slovakian, that guy was awesome.

I like the pace comparison. His offensive game isn’t nearly as advanced as pace’s was (even as a frosh) but he’s got the same great feel for the game and I suspect he ends up getting his points in much the same way as pace did.

He is probably 4-5 inches taller than pace so the ceiling is higher. A 6-9 pace would have solved almost every problem those 04 ad 05 teams had.
He could be like Josh if he did it at the key. He has it in him.

He could be like Josh if he did it at the key. He has it in him.

Agree, he didn't do it so much tonight in the lane, but he's had moments during the season. I hope this gives him the confidence to believe he can be a legit part of the offense. Seems prior to this he's just always deferred to the big 3, and gotten some clean up points. He has good ball sense and isn't likely to start forcing the ball (like he also didn't do tonight), so maybe Frank can give him some time in the flow.

Agree, he didn't do it so much tonight in the lane, but he's had moments during the season. I hope this gives him the confidence to believe he can be a legit part of the offense. Seems prior to this he's just always deferred to the big 3, and gotten some clean up points. He has good ball sense and isn't likely to start forcing the ball (like he also didn't do tonight), so maybe Frank can give him some time in the flow.

Can he do anything like this consistently?

He was brilliant last night and in our first-ever ACC tourney win against Wake.

Not so much over the two games in between.

He definitely elevates this team when he can play like he did tonight.

Can he do anything like this consistently?

He was brilliant last night and in our first-ever ACC tourney win against Wake.

Not so much over the two games in between.

He definitely elevates this team when he can play like he did tonight.

Fair enough, he's just a freshman trying to fit in. He's been smart enough to not over play his hand up to now. Hopefully this is the wrist point.

I really shouldn't say this but if he starts giving us some offense, we could be a real team.

He has shown he's a legit option. He's also raised the bar. I think we all see it, I hope his teammates did.

I can't get that wake forest fan's words out of my head. Something like, "We got beat by Michael Cera."

Can't wait to see how he develops over the summer.

As Boeheim said, Marek was unbelievable. Can't count on it, and great for Marek and SU when your 4th option lights it up. Next time out, maybe Chukwu?

Was hoping that Marek would shoot a 2nd 3 when he got hot. Needed a heat check... If he made one more we probably would have rided some emotion to stretch our lead a little bit.

Marek is such a cerebral player, and a real gamer. If he can improve his outside shot and get a bit stronger, he might be a special player next season.

Speaking of next season, if TB and OB return, Syracuse is stacked!!!

Lost in all this was the great performance from Chukwu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom