game situation: key opponent has 4 fouls with significant time on the clock | Syracusefan.com

game situation: key opponent has 4 fouls with significant time on the clock

JB is such a nice guy to never go after them

And tonight, he had 3 choices! But yes, he is Mr Nice Guy(like the cannabis strain) indeed, lol.

JB is such a nice guy to never go after them

Part of it was, I think after that first time he tried it - sending Gillon right at Allen - I think JB knew that the refs were never going to foul out Kennard or Allen. They had basically a free pass to do whatever they wanted because they weren't whistling either of those two. Meanwhile, we get the illegal screen calls, but nevermind.

tonight he had 3 but its not the first time he's played nice guy

Part of it was, I think after that first time he tried it - sending Gillon right at Allen - I think JB knew that the refs were never going to foul out Kennard or Allen. They had basically a free pass to do whatever they wanted because they weren't whistling either of those two. Meanwhile, we get the illegal screen calls, but nevermind.
They threw the ball into Lyndon, who Allen was guarding, and Allen backed off and Lyndon scored. They sent Gillon down the lane to draw the foul and he missed the lay up.

They did plenty to get the fifth foul. These guys must have been watching a different game or just want to complain about something.

I was going to say the same thing...the Gillon drive at the end...allen fouled him. Ravech said no doubt foul...and that homer Dicky V even said it was questionable. the Refs were giving them a hard pass on fouling out.

I was going to say the same thing...the Gillon drive at the end...allen fouled him. Ravech said no doubt foul...and that homer Dicky V even said it was questionable. the Refs were giving them a hard pass on fouling out.

Dickie said that was a foul. He went on about the non-call on Lydon under the hoop earlier too

when Vitale is squawking about non-calls on Duke...

Why foul them out when they are all playing light defense? I know its a weak argument, but it's the best I can do.

Why foul them out when they are all playing light defense? I know its a weak argument, but it's the best I can do.
its not a bad argument

Good point. If they are backing off like Allen was against Lyndon, they are way less effective.

And if they are playing way off, you have to bend yourself way out of shape to get contacts.

PS - SU won the game!

Funny that it worked for us. We also lost the point on the 3 pointer that was reduced to 2 (which was an obvious call). What does Duke do differently down 1 rather than tied? Who knows? But I'll take the ultimate outcome.

Coach K called the refs bluff. He knew those guys would have to murder somebody to get their 5th foul and he left them in. He was right. Allen(I think) clearly fouled Gillon on that one hoop.

He spent nearly the whole under-8:00 timeout berating a ref about the fouls. Thompson took his two after the timeout and if I'm not mistaken we didn't get another whistle. For 7:38 of game action. That's not a coincidence.

He spent nearly the whole under-8:00 timeout berating a ref about the fouls. Thompson took his two after the timeout and if I'm not mistaken we didn't get another whistle. For 7:38 of game action. That's not a coincidence.

Yup. I was freaking out about it and yelling the same thing down the stretch.

They threw the ball into Lyndon, who Allen was guarding, and Allen backed off and Lyndon scored. They sent Gillon down the lane to draw the foul and he missed the lay up.

They did plenty to get the fifth foul. These guys must have been watching a different game or just want to complain about something.
who the hell is Lyndon? ;)

Sis they really not let it go on both ends toward the end of the game? I recall one foul called on Lydon that I thought was BS but actually felt like they laid off the whistles toward the end compared with earlier in the game.

i laugh a little cuz i've been saying the same thing since the 80's. he never has attacked a player in foul trouble. not his style evidently.

#14 today agrees

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom