game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

game thoughts

kcsu

Living Legend
If Hickey doesnt get hurt we win by 14 or more. With his injury we became so limited that it allowed Pitt to dominate the line of scrimmage. 97 for Pitt was a man out there nobody could handle him and he blew up plays all day long. Hickey loss was the primary reason we lost the game.

McDonald is learning but still cant dance. He calls plays like he has two left feet. No flow is ever gained. Herky jerky comes to mind. Nothing really seems to make sense and he has a limited feel for the game or more importantly for his players. Still as bad as he was yesterday with a catch here or there a kick or two and a call or two we win going away. I say next year is the litmus test for McDonald i hope that he spends a lot of time this off season learning as he has a very long way to go.

D was exceptional. They played smart, hard, and i thought the play calling was spot on. No complaints they really should be proud as they held Pitt who had the ball about a quarter longer and had great field position all day to 17 points. fantastic job. Question if Luke doesnt get tripped up on his interception does he continue to run the wrong way?

Specials well what can you say. Missed xtra point and a botched snap on the 41 yarder not good. Lets hope that Kman comes back next year. Dixon was solid again but still it cost us the game.

Hunt has tunnel vision and does not do a good job on the zone read. Still he played hard and is the best we have this year. Next year we shall see. I dont know if he can improve his throwing to the point that he hangs onto the job. The position will be upgraded as we have some talent In Wilson and Kimble and two studs coming in. Hunt will either improve or be removed.

Well it all comes down to BC. Should be a barn burner hope that McDonald plays to win if he can put up 21 i think we win.

Lets go Orange!!

The specials hurt SU with 2 holding calls and a foolish run back from the end zone on a kick off while going backwards. Too many foolish plays yesterday and losing Hickey hurt, no doubt. Now we know he's out the door because he'd be foolish (imo) to come back and take a chance on getting hurt again.

Wales and Cornelius (silver and gold on that play) had big time catches.

Lots of close what if's in this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom