Game times | Syracusefan.com

Game times

OttoMets

Living Legend
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/09/syracuse_university_updates_it.html
Some weird ones (not the usual football board whining about screwing the fans; we know that the networks drive these decisions): 8:00 p.m. tip against Long Beach State in mid-December (just like every midweek game before about 1998); 6:00 p.m. tip against DePaul on our midweek Senior Night on 6 March (that stinks; probably going to hurt attendance by a couple thousand, as is the nooner against Louisville on the previous Saturday).

Funny 11:00 a.m. at Villanova, too, though that was mentioned earlier. And I love the 8:00 p.m. tip at Seton Hall on 16 February. Rare to have a Saturday night game that's not a Gameday game (I can't remember one since Pitt in 2003), but no better place to have one than down there. Going to make full use of New York's 4:00 a.m. last call that night.

Not a bad schedule for our Big East swan song.

Cant believe all these noon starts, what a joke.

dec 22 noon
jan 6 noon
jan 12 noon
jan 26 11am
feb 2 noon
mar 2 noon
mar 9 noon

are you kidding me? does the acc schedule so many noon games?

Funny 11:00 a.m. at Villanova, too, though that was mentioned earlier. And I love the 8:00 p.m. tip at Seton Hall on 16 February. Rare to have a Saturday night game that's not a Gameday game (I can't remember one since Pitt in 2003), but no better place to have one than down there. Going to make full use of New York's 4:00 a.m. last call that night.

I gotta say, I never realized how close the prudential center was until 2 years ago when 5 or 6 of us decided at like 5:15 or 5:30 to go to a 7:00 tip there. Left my apartment in long island city and was there by like 6:30 or something. Amazing. I believe the last time we played them there was like a noon start on a Saturday; I didn't make that one but I plan on making this one

I gotta say, I never realized how close the prudential center was until 2 years ago when 5 or 6 of us decided at like 5:15 or 5:30 to go to a 7:00 tip there. Left my apartment in long island city and was there by like 6:30 or something. Amazing. I believe the last time we played them there was like a noon start on a Saturday; I didn't make that one but I plan on making this one

Been to the last 2 cuse games at the rock (which may be the only 2 times theyve played there). Yea last time was a saturday nooner 2 years ago, awful game, triche got hot from deep in 2nd half to carry us.

Been to the last 2 cuse games at the rock (which may be the only 2 times theyve played there). Yea last time was a saturday nooner 2 years ago, awful game, triche got hot from deep in 2nd half to carry us.

I was so irrationally pissed off during that game. Absolute sleep-walk of a first half. It was like 4 minutes of The Triche Show and 36 minutes of terrible basketball. It was pretty disappointing to travel and pay for pretty good seats to see such a lethargic performance.

That said, the Pru is a great arena, Newark was surprisingly fun, and I'm very much looking forward to that trip. (Also, it's not every day that you get to see the crowd in Newark Penn Station at 10:30 p.m.)

I was so irrationally pissed off during that game. Absolute sleep-walk of a first half. It was like 4 minutes of The Triche Show and 36 minutes of terrible basketball. It was pretty disappointing to travel and pay for pretty good seats to see such a lethargic performance.

That said, the Pru is a great arena, Newark was surprisingly fun, and I'm very much looking forward to that trip. (Also, it's not every day that you get to see the crowd in Newark Penn Station at 10:30 p.m.)

Did they tarp off the upper level for that game? I remember they did when I went the year before.

And I remember that game absolutely sucking. Triche probably had like 14 points in the 4 minutes. We may have scored 45 the rest of the game

Did they tarp off the upper level for that game? I remember they did when I went the year before.

And I remember that game absolutely sucking. Triche probably had like 14 points in the 4 minutes. We may have scored 45 the rest of the game

Yeah, no upper deck. I think that game was about 59-something. It was only Triche. Really an ugly game. But Newark was so much better than the Meadowlands. Great location for Seton Hall to be playing its home games.

I had to look it up. 61-56. Seton Hall 0-17 from 3. 20-19 at the half. Good god.

I do remember being impressed with the gym though.

I've been to the last two at the Rock, as well. The 2010 game where we came back from 10-12 down (I think Joseph had an exciting breakaway dunk to either tie or take the lead) was awesome.

And off the top of my head, I'm almost positive we won at the Rock towards the end of that sh--ty 2007-08 season.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/09/syracuse_university_updates_it.html
Some weird ones (not the usual football board whining about screwing the fans; we know that the networks drive these decisions): 8:00 p.m. tip against Long Beach State in mid-December (just like every midweek game before about 1998); 6:00 p.m. tip against DePaul on our midweek Senior Night on 6 March (that stinks; probably going to hurt attendance by a couple thousand, as is the nooner against Louisville on the previous Saturday).

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but there is a legitimate chance we will start the season 3-2, which would be so bizarre considering how strongly we've played in November and December the past 4 seasons.

Our first game is against San Diego St. on an aircraft carrier, where based on the pure weirdness factor of playing outside, literally anything could happen. And then after 3 cupcakes, we're at Arkansas in front of a likely raucous crowd.

Not seeing it. San Diego State went 26-8 last year although they do have the upperclassmen.
Arkansas went 18-14 and 6-10 in the weak SEC.

Anything is possible but going down this road means there is about 80 teams that we would and usually lose to early on.

I like the thought of our high and low post basketball outdoors. Im not to worried about it.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but there is a legitimate chance we will start the season 3-2, which would be so bizarre considering how strongly we've played in November and December the past 4 seasons.

Our first game is against San Diego St. on an aircraft carrier, where based on the pure weirdness factor of playing outside, literally anything could happen. And then after 3 cupcakes, we're at Arkansas in front of a likely raucous crowd.

That wouldn't shock me. It'd disappoint me, but it wouldn't be incredible. I think our long regular season non-conference winning streak (42 games, dating back to the Cleveland State loss in 2008) may come to an end this season.

But I think - if we're healthy - that we'll be really good in February and March.

(Speaking of streaks, we didn't lose at home last year. 22 consecutive Dome wins, going back to the Georgetown loss on 9 February 2011. Hope we can keep that one going.)

Not seeing it. San Diego State went 26-8 last year although they do have the upperclassmen.
Arkansas went 18-14 and 6-10 in the weak SEC.

Anything is possible but going down this road means there is about 80 teams that we would and usually lose to early on.

I like the thought of our high and low post basketball outdoors. Im not to worried about it.

Hey, we went 34-3 in the very strong Big East. But these teams do change from year to year.

I won't be too worried about it either, but our opener will be a very difficult game. We're breaking in a new line-up of former role players, reserves, and high school kids against a good veteran team in a very weird venue. And it's 3,500 miles away from Syracuse. We can count on one hand the times we've played that far away from the Dome this century.

As you note, weather could be a factor. Who knows what that'll do. I'm inclined to agree that that shouldn't hurt us - shooting teams would be more thrown off that we would. But it's another wild card.

I look forward to the challenge. Nice to see Boeheim breaking out of his comfort zone this season; if we take a couple losses because of it, I hope we'll continue to improve as the season progresses.

Nice to see Boeheim breaking out of his comfort zone this season; if we take a couple losses because of it, I hope we'll continue to improve as the season progresses.

That's Tom Izzo's formula for success, and it gets him in the Final Four constantly.

That's Tom Izzo's formula for success, and it gets him in the Final Four constantly.

It'd be interesting if we could solve this "scheduling tough leads to better November-March improvement" argument once and for all. Or at least add one more data point to the hopper.

I'm really happy about it. I'm sure if we lose I'll then be pissed about it, but seriously, playing in tough venues early in the year is a good thing.

The 11am start for Nova on 01/26 at the Wells Fargo Center is the Freddy (nycfan) special. That game, followed by a few hours socializing at Xfinity Live, back to WFC for Sixers-Knicks @ 7.

The 11am start for Nova on 01/26 at the Wells Fargo Center is the Freddy (nycfan) special. That game, followed by a few hours socializing at Xfinity Live, back to WFC for Sixers-Knicks @ 7.

And a 6 hour gap between games for a potential AC jaunt !! When we played down there 2 years ago, the game was the Big Monday game on President's Day. A bunch of us (Cuseman78, KingOttoIII) took a roadie to AC that afternoon, which turned into a great story too---we were in Caesar's for no more than 4 hrs (12-4) as we had to get to McFadden's for the pre-game drinking, and I ended up winning $900 at the Blackjack table. I recall Cuseman78 had a really good day too--somewhere in the $300-$400 range if memory serves me correct (we were all playing at the same table). Needless to say the pre-game happy hour was fantastic, and then of course the Orange steamrolled 'Nova to complete the trifecta.