GameDay ACC Tournament winner picks | Syracusefan.com

GameDay ACC Tournament winner picks

jdubs30

Living Legend
Gameday is picking the winner of every conference tournament, once an analyst picks one team, no one else can pick them, here's what happened:

Bilas picked Duke first; he said UVA is the best team but Duke will be the best in a tournament setting
Jalen picked UVA; said UVA is the best team in the conference
Digger picked UNC; he said with UVA and Duke already picked, he had to pick UNC "by default"

Ouch

What would you expect? Who in their right mind, who doesn't bleed Orange, would pick us to win the NCAAT with our recent slump that has been down right horrendous. If any of these guys had picked us, I would question their sincerity and perhaps intelligence. However, these guys flip flop as fast as a fart in the wind. We beat FSU tomorrow, Grant joins us in a productive way moving forward, and we win our first game in the tourney and all of a sudden they will be singing a much different tune.

Reactions: cto
Ouch....why the heck would anybody pick us right now

Hollow shell of early season Cuse, esp w JG injury extent unk.

My head picks UVA, my heart picks SU
I am not a big tourney guy...would almost like to use the time to rest
But it is fun to see them cut down nets

OO44

I didn't expect anyone to pick us at all, but I was at least expecting a "if Syracuse can right the ship..." comment from someone. I agree, they would be crazy to pick us today; but I thought we would at least be mentioned.

Yet another media post...sigh. Who the F would pick us right now, lol?

The basketball media has buried SU. There was no eulogy. They tossed the carcass in a pit, threw some lime on it and walked away. The memory of 25-0 is already forgotten.

Lol duke gets blown out a few days ago but they are ok .

Here's the difference: Of the four teams discussed here: we are the only one with a starter injured. From an effectiveness point of view, Grant is lost for the season until proven otherwise. I will pick Duke in this setting. Essentially home court, great coach, best player. Tough to vote against all that. Syracuse tends to do way better than expectations when they limp into the conference tournament, but that is the BET. If we were in the BE still, I'd bet Syracuse would get more play in this conversation. Nobody, including us, is quite sure if they will get magical in the ACCT like they tended to do in the BET.

Here's the difference: Of the four teams discussed here: we are the only one with a starter injured. From an effectiveness point of view, Grant is lost for the season until proven otherwise. I will pick Duke in this setting. Essentially home court, great coach, best player. Tough to vote against all that. Syracuse tends to do way better than expectations when they limp into the conference tournament, but that is the BET. If we were in the BE still, I'd bet Syracuse would get more play in this conversation. Nobody, including us, is quite sure if they will get magical in the ACCT like they tended to do in the BET.
Syracuse almost beat duke without Grant. Edit that's the game he tweaked it.

Syracuse almost beat duke without Grant.

Come on dude. Look at this logically. Syracuse has looked like dog poop for the past month. There is no upside to anything we have seen for weeks. The wheels have completely come off. To have any optimism about their chances in the ACC or NCAA Tourny, you have to assume a major turnaround by several players and the return of Grant to mid-season form. All that stuff could happen, but to make a prediction based upon all that? It just isn't reasonable to expect it.

Come on dude. Look at this logically. Syracuse has looked like dog poop for the past month. There is no upside to anything we have seen for weeks. The wheels have completely come off. To have any optimism about their chances in the ACC or NCAA Tourny, you have to assume a major turnaround by several players and the return of Grant to mid-season form. All that stuff could happen, but to make a prediction based upon all that? It just isn't reasonable to expect it.
Yeah I think you were the same dude who told me to take Xanax when I predicted 29-2 a few years ago, that was prediction. I don't think I predicted anything just now.

Yeah I think you were the same dude who told me to take Xanax when I predicted 29-2 a few years ago, that was prediction. I don't think I predicted anything just now.

Huh? You are griping about Digger, Jalen, and Jay's predictions. Remember? You are upset they aren't predicting Syracuse to win, or contend for the ACC Championship.

Huh? You are griping about Digger, Jalen, and Jay's predictions. Remember? You are upset they aren't predicting Syracuse to win, or contend for the ACC Championship.
Where did I say that ?

The basketball media has buried SU. There was no eulogy. They tossed the carcass in a pit, threw some lime on it and walked away. The memory of 25-0 is already forgotten.

Sadly, this is exactly the sentiment out there. SU is dead, buried and forgotten. We literally became completely irrelevant in two weeks time.

I simply like to point out other teams go through the same wins and losses syracuse goes through.

What other elite teams have lost to Ga Tech and BC type teams at home?

Your point in general is true, all teams go through ups and downs, but those downs are really down.

We all know that Syracuse has less margin for error with the media talking heads. It's always been that way. We have 4 losses, two without Jerami Grant, after going 25-0 and being #1, and now we're a forgotten dreg. Meanwhile, Duke and KU keep laying eggs and are given a pass for one reason or another. It is what it is. We are still the Rodney Dangerfield of college hoops no matter how you slice it. People just wait for opportunities to pile on us.

We all know that Syracuse has less margin for error with the media talking heads. It's always been that way. We have 4 losses, two without Jerami Grant, after going 25-0 and being #1, and now we're a forgotten dreg. Meanwhile, Duke and KU keep laying eggs and are given a pass for one reason or another. It is what it is. We are still the Rodney Dangerfield of college hoops no matter how you slice it. People just wait for opportunities to pile on us.
What you say is true. But we invited it by shooting ourselves in the foot with those 2 horrible losses to lousy teams.

We all know that Syracuse has less margin for error with the media talking heads. It's always been that way. We have 4 losses, two without Jerami Grant, after going 25-0 and being #1, and now we're a forgotten dreg. Meanwhile, Duke and KU keep laying eggs and are given a pass for one reason or another. It is what it is. W e are still the Rodney Dangerfield of college hoops no matter how you slice it. People just wait for opportunities to pile on us.

So true, which is why it's so great to prove them wrong. There is still a ton of basketball left to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom