Games Blacked Out Locally | Syracusefan.com

Games Blacked Out Locally

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Do any schools do this, when they have a station like TWCS? I know a few years ago, Jacksonville was blocking out Jaguars games to get attendance up. Does this happen in major college football, or college football in general?

The NFL has rules that require games to blacked out.

If TGD wanted the low-profile home games to be blacked out he wouldn't have signed contracts with TWCS to broadcast them.

I'm not aware of schools completely blacking out major network coverage of home games. The only times I see local (Atlanta) blackout conditions is if ESPN is broadcasting an ACC/SEC game which is also available on a local channel (e.g. ACC/SEC game of the week). In that case the ESPN coverage will be blocked locally.

The NFL has rules that require games to blacked out.

If TGD wanted the low-profile home games to be blacked out he wouldn't have signed contracts with TWCS to broadcast them.

I'm not aware of schools completely blacking out major network coverage of home games. The only times I see local (Atlanta) blackout conditions is if ESPN is broadcasting an ACC/SEC game which is also available on a local channel (e.g. ACC/SEC game of the week). In that case the ESPN coverage will be blocked locally.

jurrie, I don't know if your career or background involves TV, but man you are spot on with everything you post in these "TV" threads.

I bet that attendance would be better at FB and BB games if there were blackouts.

jurrie, I don't know if your career or background involves TV, but man you are spot on with everything you post in these "TV" threads.
I'm not in the TV business. I've just been trying to catch SU games for 30+ years (and World Cup soccer for 40+ years) from various locales around the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom