Games with Karl Hess | Syracusefan.com

Games with Karl Hess

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
always turn into foul fests. The officiating today was was just flat bad. The game was called too tight. Every touch was a whistle so there was no flow to the game. Phantom foul calls all over the place against both teams. Hess is one of those refs who think the game is all about him. He has quite a terrible reputation with many of the ACC teams.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Karl was on the take today and it wasn't even close.......

As others have said as well, Stephens sucks too. They were both at the Indiana game in the Dome this year. I'm pretty sure that's why the girl in the stands took her clothes off. They make me want to do crazy things too!

Overall, the officiating today was pretty uneven. I'm not saying that they gave an advantage to one team or the other, just that they were inconsistent throughout.

I love that there is a concerted effort toward eliminating hand checking and stopping teams that rely on thug ball to be an equalizer. But the thing I feared that has come to pass is that the refs now seem to blow the whistle automatically on every drive. Players are now being coached to put their heads down and drive indiscriminately to the rim, and just chuck it up to draw the whistle.

Today, St. John's benefited from at least a half dozen bail out calls in the second half, where the guy had ZERO chance of making the shot, but the whistles sent them to the free throw line. That really was a boon to them when they were cutting into our lead and overtaking us in the second half.

There was also a play in the 2nd half where after a steal, one of their players drove to the basket and shoved off, knocking Cooney to the ground as he went in for a layup. No call on the discard. But then a few plays later when they had numbers on a fast break, Grant stepped in to draw the charge [pretty sure it was him], was there and 100% set, but they called a blocking foul. Total BS.

These last two paragraphs sum up for me why it sucks having officials who are completely inconsistent throughout the game. Hess stinks in general, but the new points of emphasis make him stand out more than ever this season.

A couple behind me said that Hess and the black ref (what's his name?) were on the same train in to Penn Station today. I would've rerouted the train to Osh Gosh.

Also, another anecdote: Guy behind me said Hess told him he ref'ed, "some awful game at the RAC last night...Rutgers against some other random team." :rolling::rolling:

RF2044 I thought on the replay of CJ's early charge that it we a good call, then every one that we could have had went against us the one you mention specificslly was bad but Rack got 2 where he just stiid his ground and they should have at least been no calls. Jordan was the one who shoved Cooney O B and then scored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom