Garden looks strange without the orange keys.** | Syracusefan.com

Garden looks strange without the orange keys.**

Yeah, and the Big East signs on the baseline appear to be in 3D. I was wondering if I needed to put my 3D specs on. :)

I guess the BE is trying to take that "home court" look and feel away from us!

Garden looks very different without the orange lane and no NBA 3pt line

Why in the world did they do this?

That's part of the great atmosphere at the Big East - we don't need the temporary court like the other leagues use, we play on the Knicks' court at the Garden and we want to show it off.

Weird. Especially with this being the last year and all.

Just checked. Same court in Hartford for women's championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's part of the great atmosphere at the Big East - we don't need the temporary court like the other leagues use, we play on the Knicks' court at the Garden and we want to show it off.

I suppose it doesn't do as any good to show it off anymore.

Yeah, and the Big East signs on the baseline appear to be in 3D. I was wondering if I needed to put my 3D specs on. :)

They did that last year too- I can't avoid looking at it- like I'm a moth heading to the light.

Garden looks very different without the orange lane and no NBA 3pt line

Half the charm of playing in MSG is that it looks like MSG. I suspect Dave Gavitt wouldn't have done this.

I can't avoid looking at it- like I'm a moth heading to the light.

Well i guess that's better than watching this awful game.

yeah usually the garden is instantly recognizable when i turn a game on. not as much this time

Half the charm of playing in MSG is that it looks like MSG. I suspect Dave Gavitt wouldn't have done this.

They're getting us ready for Greensboro. That will be really strange.

I think the floor looks just like the Hartford Civic Center - thus, I hate it.

Didn't the NCAA outlaw those sponsor stickers on the courts due to player slippage? If so, I imagine they needed to make a new court that had all the sponsors painted on. Just a WAG. :noidea:

Didn't the NCAA outlaw those sponsor stickers on the courts due to player slippage? If so, I imagine they needed to make a new court that had all the sponsors painted on. Just a WAG. :noidea:

I think they're still allowed - I know our early-season tournaments still had them. (And we took advantage...a lot of ice skating out there)

Good find.

But this is weird - I know our artificial early-season "tournament" had ads on the court (Chevy ads, specifically - they looked bad), and I can't imagine how they were made of a material consistent with hardwood, since they were temporary. And Brandon Triche definitely was slipping and sliding, though that might not have been entirely ad-related.

I would think if a plastic decal was varnished over with the same varnish the wood part of the court had, it would pass the new rule..?

I would think if a plastic decal was varnished over with the same varnish the wood part of the court had, it would pass the new rule..?

That's what I'm thinking.

Ordinarily that'd be a lot of work. In our case - we played Canisius and Detroit, then took 12 days off before the Alcorn State game, during which time I assume the court needed to be taken apart - that really seems like a lot of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom