Garrett Williams | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams

It can only help DB recruiting going forward. Here’s hoping he goes high.
I would hope but we just had two guys drafted another looking like he is going to make a roster but still higher recruited players are committing other places. I will say this the two that got drafted were lower rated then a number of cbs that never got drafted. Williams will be another example. Staff has great eye to identify and coach up dbs. I expect it to continue.
Rather have a lower rated player with a chip on his shoulder and a big heart versus a higher rated player that feels he’s entitled.

I would hope but we just had two guys drafted another looking like he is going to make a roster but still higher recruited players are committing other places. I will say this the two that got drafted were lower rated then a number of cbs that never got drafted. Williams will be another example. Staff has great eye to identify and coach up dbs. I expect it to continue.
Rather have a lower rated player with a chip on his shoulder and a big heart versus a higher rated player that feels he’s entitled.
Though, to be fair, we picked up a four star DB last year and we've got a number of feelers out for this year.

Iffy will be a star in 3 years as long as he stays healthy. All the physical tools and the brains to play the position.

I have 0 concerns about our DB recruiting. Staff has proven they can mine talent whether it's a 2 star prospect or a 4 star prospect.

G. Williams - low to mid 3 star
Cisco - mid to upper 3 star
Melifonwu - 2 star to low 3 star
T. Williams - upper 3 to low 4 star

Chestnut had a lot of buzz in camp as a 4 star, Hanna has looked good as a mid 3 star, etc. Wilson and Peterson both look like nice prospects in this class.

I'd say the same about LBer as well.

Where the staff needs to prove itself primarily is on the lines. If it wasn't for 6th year freebie players we'd be in a dangerous spot with both lines right now.

I have 0 concerns about our DB recruiting. Staff has proven they can mine talent whether it's a 2 star prospect or a 4 star prospect.

Iffy was that low with an older brother in the NFL? That surprises me.

Chestnut had a lot of buzz in camp as a 4 star, Hanna has looked good as a mid 3 star, etc. Wilson and Peterson both look like nice prospects in this class.

I'd say the same about LBer as well.

Where the staff needs to prove itself primarily is on the lines. If it wasn't for 6th year freebie players we'd be in a dangerous spot with both lines right now.
Staff has really been adding depth to the d line the last two recruiting cycles. It is good seniors stayed or we would have been really young.
Added 5 OL. Need at least 4 more in this class.

I think Obi was still at UConn when Iffy was a high school recruit.

1625757177416.png

I think Obi was still at UConn when Iffy was a high school recruit.
He was a senior and was on draft boards already - Michigan came in late in the game on Iffy and offered. Had the recruiting season carried on a few more months I think he would have gotten a lot more attention.

Yeah we should have no problem recruiting DBs if they follow the correlation…. Now let’s do that with like every position and we will be all set! Lol but this is warranted. Williams looked and played the part of an elite nfl secondary player. You really could see the difference in him and Greenwood, Hana etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom