Gary Myers in NY Post re Schiano | Syracusefan.com

Gary Myers in NY Post re Schiano

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
great line that all SU fans will love:

Gary Myers wrote piece ripping Schiano in today's NY Post - great quote here:

after Schiano said that "if they watched Rutgers, they would know we do this, we crowd the line, try and knock it loose.. (or whatever he said)"

Myers Writes: "forgive Coughlin for not popping in the DVD "the Schiano years" which would have only lasted 2 or 3 minutes"

HAHAHAHA

That was a BS playcall by Schiano. The problem isn't so much playing until the final whistle.. he fails to accept that the antics could have caused an injury on a meaningless play. All things considered, the game was over and to injure a player could limit his livelihood and thus isn't respectful.

That was a BS playcall by Schiano. The problem isn't so much playing until the final whistle.. he fails to accept that the antics could have caused an injury on a meaningless play. All things considered, the game was over and to injure a player could limit his livelihood and thus isn't respectful.
I am just glad Schiano is doing it to paid professionals instead of college kids

I am just glad Schiano is doing it to paid professionals instead of college kids

This ^^^. But what baffles me is that this so called "Brotherhood" in the N.F.L.. Why would the players even think of doing that to their "brothers", knowing that complying with what Schiano is asking them to do could hurt and possibly end the career of a fellow player?

I sure hope that If I was a player, that I would have told Schiano "nope, not gonna do it. I will not do that crap on a meaningless play".

I wonder if Joe Pisarcik was watching and if he thinks of TBs should have conceded?
Not sure I understand the reference.. Pisarcik would have definitely been for the kneel, but why wouldn't he think TB should have conceded?

I wonder if Joe Pisarcik was watching and if he thinks of TBs should have conceded?

I've seen a bunch of people referencing this play and the Ryan Williams arizona fumble in regards to the "PLAY TO THE FINAL WHISTLE" message of Schiano

Do people understand the difference between a hand-off exchange and RB getting subsequently tackled and QB getting a snap and taking a knee?

I'm don't think people are saying TB shouldn't be ready for a fumbled snap. We're saying they shouldn't be trying to cheap shop the Qb and OLine when there's seconds left.

Here's why:
I know the play quite well.. every self respecting Giants fan would... I just wasn't sure if he was saying it was a good call by Schiano, because a turnover could happen.. or the opposite.

I've seen a bunch of people referencing this play and the Ryan Williams arizona fumble in regards to the "PLAY TO THE FINAL WHISTLE" message of Schiano

Do people understand the difference between a hand-off exchange and RB getting subsequently tackled and QB getting a snap and taking a knee?

I'm don't think people are saying TB shouldn't be ready for a fumbled snap. We're saying they shouldn't be trying to cheap shop the Qb and OLine when there's seconds left.
This.

I know the play quite well.. every self respecting Giants fan would... I just wasn't sure if he was saying it was a good call by Schiano, because a turnover could happen.. or the opposite.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't care one way or the other. I was really just being a smart-ass to get a rise out of people for stuffs and giggles. If I were a Giants fan, I would have been annoyed and happy at my coach for yelling at Schiano, but I wouldn't be worked up over for more than a few minutes. Honestly, I hope someone lines up in a victory formation against TB and then launches a pass for a TD on the final play.

And yes, I'm well aware of the difference between a handoff exchange and a knee. Pisarcik is actually the reason for the victory formation. But, a botched snap could happen.

T
The next Game the Victory Formation came into being

after Schiano said that "if they watched Rutgers, they would know we do this, we crowd the line, try and knock it loose.. (or whatever he said)"

Myers Writes: "forgive Coughlin for not popping in the DVD "the Schiano years" which would have only lasted 2 or 3 minutes"

HAHAHAHA

Obviously Gary wasn't watching TV that Thursday night, whatever the year was, when the world changed. I guess it changed back on Friday. Or probably before Sportscenter was over.

HAHAHAHA

Bob Ryan on "Around the Horn" today said "forgive us for not watching those epic Rutgers vs. Syracuse matchups."

Here's why:
1978, the year was 1978. Did I mention the year was 1978? Don't believe they were into the kneel down at that time. Does Does Shady watch the NFL at all? If he did maybe he wouldn't have pulled that cr*p.

I find there is a difference between playing to the final whistle and taking cheap shots.