gave up more points in 2nd round last year than this year | Syracusefan.com

gave up more points in 2nd round last year than this year

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
for all the talk about how great the zone was last year, cal scored 60 on us in 2nd round last year and dayton only scored 55 this year. and i seriously doubt stanford would have cracked 60 against us in sweet 16. of course last year indiana only scored 50 and marquette 39 in sweet 16 and e8.

basically, all this team needed to do was score 60 points in 2 straight games to make elite 8. its embarassing. they were making fun of our game on wfan radio in nyc this morning. they were talking about how great the kentucky-witchita st game was, then "on the opposite end did you see the syracuse game? i think the haltime score was 20-18! you gotta be kidding me! they set basketball back 30 years" they also killed ennis for taking the jumper down 1 "terrible play, he was getting to the rim at will"

ugh, i gotta stop listening to sports radio the next few days.

We allowed only 20 in the first half, but 35 in the second half.

In the NC St game, we scored 38 in the second half, but also allowed 38 in the second half.

With the exception of a few, we were the definition of playing to the level of competition.

It's never one thing that is the cause of a team losing, but if there is a last thing responsible, it would be how the defense played. Can't ask for a much better D than that. Dayton actually got lucky with some of their shots. Although, Dayton was pretty bad from the free throw line which plays into their low score.

If there's a #1 thing responsible for losing the Dayton game, it was the O-fer from 3pt land. Sure, the flagrant 1 when the Dayton player dry-humped Cooney didn't help, (yes, dry-humping should be a foul) and the fact that Grant, Cooney and XMas didn't add much of anything to support the at least, passable efforts that CJ and Ennis put in offensively, but O-fer 10 from 3pt land? Geez, makes me sad just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom