Gbinije PG? | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije PG?

jmr4616

Walk On
Watching his RS Diary on the PS website he said that he has been practicing at the point. Looks like JB is trying to have another 6'6" PG like MCW. It is certainly interesting and another reason that they are taking patterson next year maybe. He could be like Triche has been the past few years start at the 2 with ennis at the 1 then slide over when Ennis goes out and say Cooney comes in. We will have to see but I found it very interesting.

Watching his RS Diary on the PS website he said that he has been practicing at the point. Looks like JB is trying to have another 6'6" PG like MCW. It is certainly interesting and another reason that they are taking patterson next year maybe. He could be like Triche has been the past few years start at the 2 with ennis at the 1 then slide over when Ennis goes out and say Cooney comes in. We will have to see but I found it very interesting.
Yeah, saw that too. He looked a little hesitant about the prospect of bringing up the ball, but he was very enthusiastic about the team, and you gotta feel for this guy. He really wants to get out there now. It would be awesome, like you said, to have another tall guy to bring up the ball, see over the defensive backcourt, and probably most importantly for our style, cause problems at the top of the zone.

Well someone would have to play point in scrimmages. I'm sure he's the best Point after MCW.

Seems to have more of a loose handle, like a Triche. Not really PG material...but I guess JB has been known to work wonders with these guys who have the year off.

I like his handle he is strong with the ball. I have no idea if he can pass or run a team though.

Even MCW gets picked once in a while by D-1 guards who are 5'9 and lightening quick. It happens. I'd still prefer to be spoiled and have someone with size at the PG position ... tremendous advantages to see, shoot and make plays over the D.

Seems to have more of a loose handle, like a Triche. Not really PG material...but I guess JB has been known to work wonders with these guys who have the year off.
How would we know?

I felt all along with the angst on this board about SU potentially not having a second point guard if MCW leaves, that Boeheim has back up plans. I think we now know what the plan may be, Gbinje. Who knows he may be trying other guys at the position as well (Cooney?). Assuming MCW leaves next year, I would guess that Ennis and Gbinije would be the starting guards, with a 3 guard rotation that includes Cooney off the bench. If Gbinije is serviceable for 10-12 minutes a game at the PG, what's the problem? If Southerland can play 2-guard I would assume Gbinije could be a part time PG.

Trevor could very well be the starting 2 guard next year as well. I do like the idea of Gbinije running the point.

The strategy will work in a long season with a 2 guard who can spell him. Like with Triche and our other recent combo guards with serviceable handles.

Does this strategy work with Ennis & CoonDog's handle? We'll see. More importantly IMO, our PG will already have a year in our system.

Really at the end of the day... With JB's offense and with the zone, a taller athletic PG has much more upside than a speedy PG with a great handle, IMO.

I don't want a guy who can perform a dribble exhibition in this offense it leads to standing around... Lazy offense. I want a guy who is always looking ahead, moving and passing over the defense. Those guys don't grow on trees at 6'5" so we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom