Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije

tptcuse

Living Legend
Was a presence at this game. He definitely lives up to his nickname. When he enters the game, he definitely takes the pressure off of Tyler. Great move by the Syracuse coaches to make him 'back-up' point guard. St. John's put the pressure on Ennis, and Gbinije calmly pushed the ball down the floor several times when the game was tight. Go Silent G!

He moves his feet so well while playing D. One play in particular late in the game he fought through a screen and stayed right with his man by moving side by side and not reaching. I tell my son all the time. You play defense with your feet, not your hands. This was textbook.

Agree with all of the above. I'll add that up to this point in the season, Gbinije hasn't been on the floor at crunch time due to how relatively well Cooney has played. Good for him to have a confidence building performance like today, even though he didn't score.

He moves his feet so well while playing D. One play in particular late in the game he fought through a screen and stayed right with his man by moving side by side and not reaching. I tell my son all the time. You play defense with your feet, not your hands. This was textbook.
Agreed. Seeing him in person, he looks much more poised than on TV. He really takes the pressure off of Ennis on both the defensive and offensive sides of the game.

Bless you, my son. I played and reffed at the college level, and coached at the HS where I taught. Too many kids don't get that until most of their years as a relevant player have passed. If there was one thing I could give to all kids, it would be a thorough understanding of that concept.

Agree with all of the above. I'll add that up to this point in the season, Gbinije hasn't been on the floor at crunch time due to how relatively well Cooney has played. Good for him to have a confidence building performance like today, even though he didn't score.
He had him on the court during the big comeback against Carleton in August. Yes it was just an exhibition but my gut instinct is JB trusts him...

He had him on the court during the big comeback against Carleton in August. Yes it was just an exhibition but my gut instinct is JB trusts him...

That's because CJ was out. :noidea:

But yeah--this is a nice developmental type of game for Mike G.

That's because CJ was out. :noidea:

But yeah--this is a nice developmental type of game for

Yes but interestingly he played a similar role in that comeback, not at the 2 like today, but at the 3. And it was a similar role, solid d, rebounding, a key steal. Once G gets confidence scoring we will be a different team. Hope we don't have to wait till next yr...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom