gbinije's february numbers are impressive | Syracusefan.com

gbinije's february numbers are impressive

Millhouse

Living Legend
55% from three, 74% from inside the 3 point line

last year he was o-5 from inside the 3 pt line in february and 1-6 in january

jan feb this year 60% from 2 pt range
last year, 9%

He's been awesome. We have an incredible core for next year. PG play is going to be the key question. If good, sky is the limit.

He's been awesome. We have an incredible core for next year. PG play is going to be the key question. If good, sky is the limit.
cooney's minutes and shots are a big question to me

Not trying to start another Cooney bashing thread but have we ever had a guy getting a ton of minutes one year, return the next year, and see his minutes go down drastically?

Not trying to start another Cooney bashing thread but have we ever had a guy getting a ton of minutes one year, return the next year, and see his minutes go down drastically?

I don't think we'll see his minutes go down drastically. Yes, his minutes should go down to the low 30's, but I don't know if that's considered drastic. He's only playing 40 right now because he's all we got at the position; I would imagine at some point we had a guy playing more than he should be, due to a lack of depth, who got some help in the following year.

Cooney as a complementary scorer is an incredible weapon. I think he struggles when he feels he has to carry the whole load (or at least the whole perimeter load). Plus he'll be a 5th year senior so he should be very solid. His and Joseph's defense is a little scary right now, but you'd have to think that would be the easiest thing to correct. Plus with the personnel we have coming in, if any of them pan out right away, they will be instantly valuable in terms of needed skills and valuable depth (I'm thinking of periods of MR and MG in the back court) - that has the potential to be the zone of death for opponents with TR, CM, and DC2 at the bottom). Experience with the defense is a huge key and we will have lots of it.

We will have enough guard depth next year, that if cooney doesn't play well, he will be on the bench.

If we had this G last year, we would have went to the Final 4.

Eating crow here...he really looked like he was an attitude problem early in the season...now he is playing like an AA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom