Geno Thorpe | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe

He can get to the rim, but he has been less than impressive to date

Boeheim sees something in him. Constantly sitting next to him to help coach him. Would not write him off yet.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's proven that he can play at least moderately efficient D1 basketball at both Penn State and USF. Ankle injuries often don't get the respect they deserve because you can 'play' through them (in the same way you can 'drive' with a donut on your car). Once he gets into the swing of things and gets a defined role, I think he's going to be a big piece off the bench for us. There will be times when he's the #1 offensive option on the court, as good or bad as that may be.

He has to be better than he's shown or else there was no reason to bring him in.

Agree with most. You can tell he's still rusty - but you can also see the flashes of what he can do. If he was our #2 guard I'd be worried - but he'll have a few more games to get up to speed before our Kansas/UConn trip.

Good thing is, he looks fairly compotent in the zone, which is the most important part - the offense will come. I'd be more worried if he was solid offensively but completely lost in the zone. We know he can score, we didn't really know if he could pick up the zone, but he has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom