Genuine Question | Syracusefan.com

Genuine Question

I think we might find out more once we see where TD ends up and how he plays

Is the offense improving and the outlook for the rest of 2021 and the 2022 season positive?

or

Is another fearless QB bailing out our staff?

Worth discussing.

Compared to last year? Certainly, considering the bar is about 0.0000000001 mm high. We are likely improving over earlier in the year as well, considering our OOC slate was so hard to make any judgements about. The D seems worse than earlier though. Also, Wake dropped an easy TD pass at the goal line earlier in the game that might have rendered the OT moot.

The problem is that Dino has dug a pretty big hole for himself and he needs more than "improving"; he needs to win these close ones. It's like a baseball team that leaves three men on base every inning. It generally comes back to bite you in the scoring column at the end of the game, or in this case the final record.

Where the "improving" comes in has to do with what happens the rest of the way this year. There are a number of teams that are starting to look more beatable with our revamped O. For now anyway.

Minus the lack of throwing and in game experience
He was brilliant in that Pitt game and would have led a come back victory if it hadn't been for another screw job by the refs in a Pitt/SU game,

He was brilliant in that Pitt game and would have led a come back victory if it hadn't been for another screw job by the refs in a Pitt/SU game,

He was 8/20…
Sure he had two nice TDs, would not call that brillian

Don’t think Welch had the same feel for the game as Eric or GS. That’s the real x factor.
He was tall and had a quick release on out passes and slants and threw a good deep ball and could run hard. The Td experiment is over, it took too long, but he's got the right OC and QB's now.

He was tall and had a quick release on out passes and slants and threw a good deep ball and could run hard. The Td experiment is over, it took too long, but he's got the right OC and QB's now.
Oh my god! I see why people think I'm trolling now. STOP IT! THIS IS WHY I CAN'T BE PESSIMISTIC!

genuine question. genuine as a miller draft. meaning something i'd rather not ponder til the other kegs ran dry.

Oh my god! I see why people think I'm trolling now. STOP IT! THIS IS WHY I CAN'T BE PESSIMISTIC!
I thought Welch was a better all around QB than Devito, period. I was never on the TD train. Not for the talent level that SU has vs the other ACC teams, he may do well if he could get on a pass happy SEC team.

I thought Welch was a better all around QB than Devito, period. I was never on the TD train. Not for the talent level that SU has vs the other ACC teams, he may do well if he could get on a pass happy SEC team.
Guys! Guys! Listen! Guys! What if . . . . Guys! Listen to me! What if . . . . Guys! What if Clayton Welch played!?!?! We'd have gone to a bowl game! *crickets*

Edit: I am 20% too drunk to seriously engage with this question.

Next you are telling me we should have played Rex all season and we would have went 12-0

If the answer to OP is choice B, it brings us back to another question.

Is 1 good season every four years good enough for Syracuse football?

That’s also assuming we have another, even 8-9 win season. We don’t know yet that DB can have a great season every 4 years. We only know he did once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom