Georgetown’s Going to be a war | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown’s Going to be a war

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
They’re looking good this year as well. Not liking that theyll be at home vs us but hopefully Brissett, Battle, Moyer, Marek and our centers can pound and grind down low and a few trey’s will fall as well. Our teams strength is driving on smaller guards/defenders and playing within 15ft.

maybe but have you looked at who they're "looking good" against?
their pre-conf schedule, aside from playing us, is one of the worst I've ever seen.
they dropped out of the pk80 thing so they wouldn't have to play a real team.

their pre-conf schedule, aside from playing us, is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Agree - I'm not sure it's possible to judge how good Georgetown looks so far. We'll be by far their best competition to date. This schedule is as bad as what John Jr used to put together back in the day.

Regardless, assuming they dont blow it in the big east, this may as well be our most crucial game of ooc. We need this win on the road.

Regardless, assuming they dont blow it in the big east, this may as well be our most crucial game of ooc. We need this win on the road.

Absolutely we need to win this game for the reason you mention - it would be a road victory and also at the end of the year, I think I will be looked at as a bad loss unless Georgetown does a lot better than I think they will

Absolutely we need to win this game for the reason you mention - it would be a road victory and also at the end of the year, I think I will be looked at as a bad loss unless Georgetown does a lot better than I think they will

And, though yet to be seen, this game could have recruitment implications.

We dont want to see a talented, well coached GTown develop this year after a win vs Cuse.

Recruiting vs Ewing could be dificult, and we already seem to struggle enough recruiting great big men.

Exactly! They could be 8-0 by the time SU plays them but what kind of competition is this?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 74
Georgetown hasn't played anyone. Syracuse will be their first real opponent.

It’s Georgetown on the road. Considering our youth and inability to put an awful uconn team out of reach at MSG, I find myself unable to overlook GTown based on opponents faced up to this point.

It’s Georgetown on the road. Considering our youth and inability to put an awful uconn team out of reach at MSG, I find myself unable to overlook GTown based on opponents faced up to this point.
not saying overlook them or that we'll have some easy win - just saying you can't really say they're "looking good"

Govan is one of the best bigs in the country. They have some talent up front. I think we can generate a lot of turnovers.

They’re looking good this year as well. Not liking that theyll be at home vs us but hopefully Brissett, Battle, Moyer, Marek and our centers can pound and grind down low and a few trey’s will fall as well. Our teams strength is driving on smaller guards/defenders and playing within 15ft.
They haven’t played one good team yet. Their non-conference schedule has been a joke.

Exactly! They could be 8-0 by the time SU plays them but what kind of competition is this?
We’re going to beat the Hoya tar out of them.

They haven’t played one good team yet. Their non-conference schedule has been a joke.
Your point? Should we take this game lightly then?

I think, unless otherwise proven, any game at Georgetown wont be a walk in the park regardless of prior opponents faced.

Really doesn't matter if the fans take the game lightly or not.
Really doesnt matter what the fans think about a lot of things yet here we all are. Day in and day out.

And i understand your point but It’s nice having actual conversations/arguments about upcoming opponents that may, ya know, beat us.

“How can you say they’re good or may beat us? they’ve been playing Hellen Keller’s cousins and the academy of the limbless”

SU’s called cardiac cuse for a reason and we’ve seen far crazier losses.

Wow, thanks for putting that up. That’s a really bad schedule. They’ve pounded teams but what is that worth? Might as well play some D3 teams.

Really doesn't matter if the fans take the game lightly or not.

Not unless I’m playing. I’m old but I still have a great pump fake and soft jumper.

Georgetown’s schedule
SC-menu-mini-cupcakes.jpg

A link to read if you desire. One thread on their light scheduling talks of our game being a must win for post season consideration. Georgetown should be a win...but we'll be their Super Bowl...so we'll see. Most of their fans don't expect the NCAAs this season.

You should see some doozy threads starting in a few days over there.

HoyaTalk | HoyaTalk

To be fair to Georgetown, they’re just playing their peers.