Georgetown BB's Latest Hire | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown BB's Latest Hire

Townie72

All American
The GU basketball program is becoming one of those never-ending sources of hilarity.

You'll recall that when we last left the Hoya basketball program they had fired their head coach, JT III.

Some called for a break with the John Thompson era and with Pop's apparent control over the program. Of course when no one that they wanted was interested in the job they settled for JT Jr puppet, Patrick Ewing.

Now, the Hoyas have offered a job on the basketball staff to none other than JT Jr's other son, Ronny Thompson.

Ronny had a 9-22 record as a head coach and was fired in a situation that can only be described as "fugly".

A break from the past? Big John relinquishing his control over the program?

Well, at least now they have another Thompson on the payroll at Georgetown.

Louis Orr has not recruited in four years.

Ronny Thompson has not recruited in eleven years.

Patrick Ewing has never recruited.

200.gif

Not to a coaching position, I don't think. Ewing had filled out his staff at the time Louis was announced - some Gonzaga guy and another well-traveled college assistant.

Anyone got a link about Ronny?

Hired for an administrative role.

Report: Ronnie Thompson Joins Georgetown Staff

So as administrator, will he briefing his father daily on whether Patrick Ewing is acting upon the instructions that his father gave to Patrick Ewing the previous day? Talk about the fox in the hen house.

This stinks to high heaven and the fact that the Thompsons have the balls to do this and the clout to make it happen is crazy.

I wonder if his salary will be made public.

So as administrator, will he briefing his father daily on whether Patrick Ewing is acting upon the instructions that his father gave to Patrick Ewing the previous day? Talk about the fox in the hen house.

This stinks to high heaven and the fact that the Thompsons have the balls to do this and the clout to make it happen is crazy.

I wonder if his salary will be made public.

"Chief of Staff" whatever that is

I feel bad for any kid that goes there. They probably have no clue what they are getting into. At least GTown will always have footba...wait. Soccer? Oh yeah, Sailing.

Doesn't matter.
It's another good reason to hate them.
As if we needed one.

They have essentially run the once-mighty Hoya basketball program into the ground.

So much so that they had to fire JTIII.

Some of the Hoya fans thought the only way back to relevance was a clean sweep.

What they are getting is a lot more of the same. I will guarantee that JT III is both smarter and a better coach than Patrick Ewing.

This hiring of Ronny Thompson demonstrates that Big John is still large and in charge.

It's nepotism and it's a rip off of the University to give that demonstrated coaching failure a high paying job doing nothing.

I thought St. John's hiring Chris Mullin, who ahd never coached and didn't even run the team's times outs was a joke. But look what they did to us- twice!

I thought St. John's hiring Chris Mullin, who ahd never coached and didn't even run the team's times outs was a joke. But look what they did to us- twice!

Well that's nice for them and bad for us...Mullin is still just 22-43 over his first two years. Their record improved first year to second year, but I'm not ready to say that Mullin is ever going to make them truly relevant again.

Well that's nice for them and bad for us...Mullin is still just 22-43 over his first two years. Their record improved first year to second year, but I'm not ready to say that Mullin is ever going to make them truly relevant again.
22-43, but with two Super Bowl wins.