Georgia and Bama paying recruits | Syracusefan.com

Georgia and Bama paying recruits

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance

I mean yeah Propst is a douche, but these conversations are on tape ... And people down there are trying to quickly sweep it under the rug.

Even if Chubb didn't get paid to stay, there's definitely a lot of excess stimulus funds floating around dictating where kids are going

Bear Bryant Jr owns numerous businesses and a bank that supposedly launders the funds to recruits for Bama.

That would actually make sense why no one would easily find any paper trail.

Last edited:

I mean yeah Propst is a douche, but these conversations are on tape ... And people down there are trying to quickly sweep it under the rug.

Even if Chubb didn't get paid to stay, there's definitely a lot of excess stimulus funds floating around dictating where kids are going

Bear Bryant Jr owns numerous businesses and a bank that supposedly launders the funds to recruits for Bama.

I think the way to stem this stuff is to bring tax evasion and laundering charges. Real consequences for ”play money”

unfortunately, state charges are really unpopular in those states for those crimes

Imagine if almost every wealthy person in New York was obsessed with College Football and well connected in the community.

That’s basically what it’s like down south. I’m still blown away, to this day, at what it’s like down here in GA/SC.

Imagine if almost every wealthy person in New York was obsessed with College Football and well connected in the community.

That’s basically what it’s like down south. I’m still blown away, to this day, at what it’s like down here in GA/SC.
Yep. Football is their god. If they played games at 10 am on a sunday, churches would be empty.

For good or for ill. I think so much of what’s right and wrong with the sport stems directly from this point

10291672.png

I truly believe that everyone is cheating in some way. With the ineptitude and bias that the NCAA inflicts on the "smaller programs," and the protection it provides the bigger ones, I just can't fathom that it isn't happening at all of the factory schools.

Lol cheating happens at e v e r y school. There's just varying levels/degrees to it

Sure, everyone "knows" those big programs are cheating. But, no one is willing or able to come forward with the proof that they are. I detest being forced to defend the NCAA (especially on SU boards), but if they tried to initiate probation proceedings on what's come out in the news over the years, they'd be fighting a new lawsuit every week. The process against the Adidas scandal schools is horribly slow, but it is still grinding on. It hasn't ended yet.

Sure, everyone "knows" those big programs are cheating. But, no one is willing or able to come forward with the proof that they are. I detest being forced to defend the NCAA (especially on SU boards), but if they tried to initiate probation proceedings on what's come out in the news over the years, they'd be fighting a new lawsuit every week. The process against the Adidas scandal schools is horribly slow, but it is still grinding on. It hasn't ended yet.

It’s not too dissimilar from the dynamic between the SEC/Legislators against wealthy people and their tax/estate attorneys. The boosters doing this are smarter than the NCAA and both sides know it so there’s very little fear from the boosters side of facing any consequences.

The risk-reward is a no brainer for the big time schools that can actually compete for a championship.

This is the reality of what the SOP is at almost every major college football and basketball program. Yet, Syracuse basketball had 2 in depth NCAA investigations and no evidence came forth, so that was not the case with this program. Football either IMO.

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows (Live in Dublin - edited) - YouTube

This is the reality of what the SOP is at almost every major college football and basketball program. Yet, Syracuse basketball had 2 in depth NCAA investigations and no evidence came forth, so that was not the case with this program. Football either IMO.
You can’t think this is true, right? If it was so darn easy to find, the NCAA would have it on every major institution they have investigated in depth... Miami, UNC, etc.

the schools are just better at hiding it.

I think the way to stem this stuff is to bring tax evasion and laundering charges. Real consequences for ”play money”

unfortunately, state charges are really unpopular in those states for those crimes

Tax evasion and money laundering are federal crimes.

I have to do an anti money laundering CE every year, and they are very serious about it... In some circumstances. HomelandSecurity must have other things they worry about so that they don't care which recruit goes where.

Tax evasion and money laundering are federal crimes.

I have to do an anti money laundering CE every year, and they are very serious about it... In some circumstances. HomelandSecurity must have other things they worry about so that they don't care which recruit goes where.
thanks - I was showing my ignorance for sure

just hate that there’s no real way to make it more fair - and not a lot of appetite to do it the right way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom