Georgia Tech | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech

Vorony

2nd String
With GT pulling off the huge upset against FSU tonight, we really need to take care of business against them... especially if we want to keep our hopes alive. We get them twice, which is definitely an advantage. But they currently have a better resume than we do. They have a bad loss vs. Ohio, but they have 2 huge marquee wins over UNC and now FSU.

We're currently tied in the ACC standings. We obviously need to pick up a couple (or more) wins against these ranked teams over the next few weeks, but it's possible that we could be competing with GT for a bid at the end of the season. Our 2 games against them just became much more important.

Thoughts?

See the "6 Games is our magic number" thread below by RF.

Right, I saw that thread and agree with most of what's being discussed in there. I just felt that GT deserved its own thread now, especially after knocking off FSU tonight. Our 2 games against them have much higher implications now. And the rest of their schedule is relatively soft (aside from getting Notre Dame twice).

Right, I saw that thread and agree with most of what's being discussed in there. I just felt that GT deserved its own thread now, especially after knocking off FSU tonight. Our 2 games against them have much higher implications now. And the rest of their schedule is relatively soft (aside from getting Notre Dame twice).

No question of major importance now. Hopefully we split. They seem rejuvenated as a program with Pastner. That's a big factor and force. Lammers is really good and they defend. Okogie is a good freshman nobody is talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom