Class of 2017 - Getting kids from Don Bosco and STA is | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Getting kids from Don Bosco and STA is

GoSU96

Living Legend
tremendous and will help make this program more competitive. Now need to build better relationships with the NYS private schools, hopefully recruits from these two schools help do that.

Too many NYS kids going to ND, BC, or even Pitt before SU.

GoSU96 said:
tremendous and will help make this program more competitive. Now need to build better relationships with the NYS private schools, hopefully recruits from these two schools help do that. Too many NYS kids going to ND, BC, or even Pitt before SU.

There are not a ton of kids from NYS that Babers went at hard that ended up at those schools (so far).

I hope we can build inroads however.

Add to that Cass Tech, the DC area. Looks like recruiting is headed in the right direction.

There are not a ton of kids from NYS that Babers went at hard that ended up at those schools (so far).

I hope we can build inroads however.

Dino has no relationship with NYS coaches.

It will take time.

I am certain that the relationships will be established.

Dino has no relationship with NYS coaches.

It will take time.

I am certain that the relationships will be established.

Agreed. Winning will help mend the fences between the school and NYS coaches.

I'll say it again though - there hasn't been a ton of kids that Babers went after in NY (just 1.5 classes in) and I don't think it's all relationship driven. I think he hasn't been enamored with the talent level so far. They like Jack Coan (QB) - but I think Devito was higher on their board.

I know that when he has evaluated kids at Cba he has been brutally honest with one of my guys. He flat out will tell you what he thinks of you and doesn't worry about hurting kids feelings. I personally think he is testing some of these nys kids out to see if they take it to heart and don't come back fighting to try to eat offers or if they are going to just move on like most of them have. I personally think he is going to offer your mid tier nys guys late in the cycle to see if they work on things that the coaches are telling them. Noah Jordan Williams was told he's too slow and a lot of other things I don't want to name that would make kids want to hate these coaches. He was done with SU at that point in time even though I think they were testing him. He went out to the BC camp and ran a 4.5 and was offered on the spot. Just thought I'd share a little insight from my dealings to give you an insight into the new staff.

I know that when he has evaluated kids at Cba he has been brutally honest with one of my guys. He flat out will tell you what he thinks of you and doesn't worry about hurting kids feelings. I personally think he is testing some of these nys kids out to see if they take it to heart and don't come back fighting to try to eat offers or if they are going to just move on like most of them have. I personally think he is going to offer your mid tier nys guys late in the cycle to see if they work on things that the coaches are telling them. Noah Jordan Williams was told he's too slow and a lot of other things I don't want to name that would make kids want to hate these coaches. He was done with SU at that point in time even though I think they were testing him. He went out to the BC camp and ran a 4.5 and was offered on the spot. Just thought I'd share a little insight from my dealings to give you an insight into the new staff.
If he was upset with Babers being too honest i'm not sure he committed to the best place.

bc5.gif

DazSwat.gif

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ADDAZIO-What.gif
ZCJApwe.gif

( I was only going to post one but I couldn't choose.)

If he was upset with Babers being too honest i'm not sure he committed to the best place.

bc5.gif

DazSwat.gif

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ADDAZIO-What.gif
ZCJApwe.gif

( I was only going to post one but I couldn't choose.)
I totally understand that I don't think he took it too personal like most would he's a smart kid I just think he was looking to lock up a spot just incase he's not around next year and didn't want to wait any longer to commit to a school. He's also not the first kid that he's been brutally honest with I just think there's more to it than attacking all of these nys kids I think he wants to see if they can handle adversity and most aren't they are just dropping interest and not looking at su instead of working hard and trying to gain an offer.

Agreed. Winning will help mend the fences between the school and NYS coaches.

I'll say it again though - there hasn't been a ton of kids that Babers went after in NY (just 1.5 classes in) and I don't think it's all relationship driven. I think he hasn't been enamored with the talent level so far. They like Jack Coan (QB) - but I think Devito was higher on their board.
2016-06-23-13-40-41--1079938510.jpeg

Upstate NY football has been on the decline the last 20 years. I am from a small town in the capital district, Amsterdam and we have put out 3 kids in the last 22-24 years. 2 went to BC as a rb and olineman, and my other friends playing WR for Penn. Their tape was men vs boys. All 3 great athletes, but they are far and few between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom