Getting to hate Selection Sunday | Syracusefan.com

Getting to hate Selection Sunday

Totally understand - we can pull for Hopkins!

Not sure they're in either. I know they have some poor losses but it's amazing to me that a team with so many quality wins and more wins than us is even in the same discussion as we are.

Used to love it and look forward to it to see our seed, draw, location. Third time in 4 years it's irrelevant.

I hear ya. And, that one time in four years, I'm sure most were on pins and needles, as I was. The majority of pundits had us out after our 3rd loss to Pitt that year in the ACC tourney game, a bubble team themselves. That pleasant surprise and 10 seed, to me, felt like a precious gift at the time. We certainly made the best of it and put our best 4 game stretch together in four years, and by far at the most opportune time. Survive and advance!

I still am the Bracket Manager for work, even though I retired 2 years ago! Usually we have so much fun with funny group emails, insults, songs, etc. but it was quite hard last year and will be even harder this year. Frankly, I will be surprised if people still want to do it. Normally we get about 20 people.

March Sadness. :(

I really haven't watched it in a few years. Not because of our bubble situations, but due to it being so dragged out over 2 hours or something. Just put the brackets up in the first 10 minutes please. Of coure they won't do that as the drama would be diminished and advertisers would be po'd.

Not sure they're in either. I know they have some poor losses but it's amazing to me that a team with so many quality wins and more wins than us is even in the same discussion as we are.

So many more quality wins? It's basically they beat Kansas, at Kansas. Which is not chump change. But that is the real difference between the two. And right now Washington is probably one quality win away from getting in, while a team like us still needs two of them.

Used to love it and look forward to it to see our seed, draw, location. Third time in 4 years it's irrelevant.
And the one time it wasn’t , the bracket was leaked .. so basically no real suspense in quite a while

And the one time it wasn’t , the bracket was leaked .. so basically no real suspense in quite a while

We were the last team announced. That would have been so exciting (even after waiting over 2 hours).

it's my understanding it's one of the biggest pizza delivery nights of the year. looking like porridge again for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom