Gillon, Battle, White...Onions at the End..... | Syracusefan.com

Gillon, Battle, White...Onions at the End.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
John with the huge drive and then Tyus and Andrew making both ends of the one and one.

D was just awesome the entire game, especially the Tylers down low, and especially at the beginning of the second half. Once we had taken the lead, I expected the Cavs would make at least one run & make it a seesaw game, but we were steadfast and never gave that lead back.

Player of the game was easily Tyus, I think around half of his points came with the shot clock winding down. He was beyond clutch the entire afternoon.

Virginia really focused on taking Gillon out of the game. They wouldn't even let him receive the inbound pass at the end when they were fouling. By and large they succeeded, but John still made a difference with that big drive at the end.

Simply fabulous. This is what everyone was expecting at the beginning of the seaosn. These guys proving they are big time with their backs to the wall and that they could play with anyone.

Interchangeable parts, a big part of success in sports or life. I'd like to take some credit for saying "yes" when the In N Out asked if I wanted onions yesterday. You know, the ol' in n out.

Early on, when we sucked out loud, i still thought White was as good as he was supposed to be.
I thought Battle was about where he was going to be, for a frosh. His outside shot was what i thought it would be, even though a lot of people said his outside game wasn't so hot.
Gillon? He was borderline Inept at different points.

Those three guys have made improvements. They're just better now. White was good, now he's really good (offensively). Battle is pretty bad-ass. The best one-on-one offensive threat, and now he's pulling up with midrange, as well as converting more at the rim. Plus the 40% deep shot. Wow. Now we have to pray he's not in a super-hurry to get paid. And Gillon's handle is a bit better, he's more confident (call it 'job security?'), and he knows not to force the three, even on the heels of a ridic 3-ball game. Pretty cool to see it taken away from him today, and he didn't press the issue.

I don't know why they're better. I would probably ascribe it to just having more and more contiguous playing time. Developing confidence in each other as well as themselves? Which is kinda hard to do in the midst of what was an unprecedented season of horrors. Lots of credit. And imagine, if we had a healthy, serviceable center. I still don't know how good we are. But, it's beautiful to be able to play with anyone and to represent ourselves with competence.

I hope this carries some weight with Lydon when he considers 2017-18.

John with the huge drive and then Tyus and Andrew making both ends of the one and one.

D was just awesome the entire game, especially the Tylers down low, and especially at the beginning of the second half. Once we had taken the lead, I expected the Cavs would make at least one run & make it a seesaw game, but we were steadfast and never gave that lead back.

Player of the game was easily Tyus, I think around half of his points came with the shot clock winding down. He was beyond clutch the entire afternoon.

Virginia really focused on taking Gillon out of the game. They wouldn't even let him receive the inbound pass at the end when they were fouling. By and large they succeeded, but John still made a difference with that big drive at the end.

Simply fabulous. This is what everyone was expecting at the beginning of the seaosn. These guys proving they are big time with their backs to the wall and that they could play with anyone.

Gillon's drive might have been the play of the game. If he misses that VA has the ball down only one with plenty of time. That kept our cushion. Battle did his best Malachi impression off the bounce and White made 10 contested jumpers. Insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom