Give Credit Where Credit is Due | Syracusefan.com

Give Credit Where Credit is Due

Congrats to the Staff & Players, you deserve it.
LAST TEAM IN!!
Against all odds, JB fabulous coaching job!!
This team has tremendous heart, proud of the CUSE!!
In G_D we trust HOF JAB!
3 guys that can score. 7 players one of them not healthy.

This group of guys really deserved this bid. What they've accomplished this year with the youth, inexperience, injuries, and lack of depth is nothing short of remarkable. Very very happy for all Syracuse players, coaches and fans.:)

3 guys that can score. 7 players one of them not healthy.

I really hope we move the ball more and actually give more opportunity for the 4th and 5th guys. Really think it'll start opening things up for the big 3.

Battle gets his chance to impress. This season has been a slog but now he gets a few chances to advance against teams unfamiliar with us.

My outlook for the program has improved a lot since Hopkins left for UW last year. Good recruiting class coming in (with hopefully Valdir joining) and some guys showing good development under JB (Howard and Chukwu.) Still amazed this team was able to get into the tourney and last year's didn't...

Should also be thanking whoever was in charge of creating the out of conference schedule. Very very well done.
I think the head coach does most of the scheduling.

Indeed, hats off to JB and the coaching staff for doing wonders with a very limited squad.

If there were any question before today whether this team has overachieved, that question is now gone.

But it doesn't stop there. For a team of players that has worked as hard or harder as any SU team I can remember, this is a great reward for all the stout work, for always battling, for not giving up even when all indications were that they were totally overmatched.

All I can ask going into Wednesday night and forward is that they play with the same ferocity and belief in selves.