Give me Baye back | Syracusefan.com

Give me Baye back

durhamcuse

Walk On
Keita doesn't just interrupt the opponent's interior game plan, he helps others retrieve defensive rebounds, if he isn't the one pulling them down. Then, of course, there is the offensive end, where he is good for a few putbacks. We are lacking our one-two center punch with Christmas and Keita and Grant's offensive game is hurting because he's being asked to play the center position. I just wish we had a more comfortable game score-wise to be able to groom Tyler Roberson a bit more. Until Baye comes back, he is going to be needed.

Happy man in Durham that I won't have to deal with my NC State fan workmates on Monday.

Go Cuse!

Considering he's averaging 2 points a game, he's really only good on average one put back a game.

Bottom line, If BMK is in, Rak isn't in. I can't name a 2 minute span where Rak didn't make a play to either put points on the board, grab an important rebound, or take points away from NC St. If BMK plays 10 minutes this game, we probably lose.

Considering he's averaging 2 points a game, he's really only good on average one put back a game.

Bottom line, If BMK is in, Rak isn't in. I can't name a 2 minute span where Rak didn't make a play to either put points on the board, grab an important rebound, or take points away from NC St. If BMK plays 10 minutes this game, we probably lose.
Disagree. I think it's abundantly clear that we are a much better team with Baye in the lineup for portions of the game. His contributions are enormous in ways that aren't tangibly easy to see.

I like the first part of your post but I disagree, I do think we miss Keita. He gives us a different look on defense and we also need Grant to go back to only focusing on PF duties.

Of course we need Baye back, but hard to argue with what Xmas put out there today. MVP and its not close.

I like the first part of your post but I disagree, I do think we miss Keita. He gives us a different look on defense and we also need Grant to go back to only focusing on PF duties.

I do miss him for the 8 minutes I would like to see Rak on the bench resting or if he is in foul trouble.

I'm not hating on Baye, but at this point Rak has shown that he is a 30+ minute player on this team which will leave Baye on the bench anytime Rak is on the court.

Disagree. I think it's abundantly clear that we are a much better team with Baye in the lineup for portions of the game. His contributions are enormous in ways that aren't tangibly easy to see.

This X10 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are a much better team defensively with Baye.

I do miss him for the 8 minutes I would like to see Rak on the bench resting or if he is in foul trouble.

I'm not hating on Baye, but at this point Rak has shown that he is a 30+ minute player on this team which will leave Baye on the bench anytime Rak is on the court.

I totally agree. I think this challenge has really made Rak focus more on defense and gable less. On the offensive end, he is light years ahead of where he started the season.

I think when BMK comes back healthy we's only going to get traditional backup minutes from here out. I'd say 30 Rak and 10 BMK, instead of the 25/15 earlier in the year.

I wish it were a WHEN Baye comes back situation and not IF... Or do you guys think it's a matter of IF.

This X10 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are a much better team defensively with Baye.

How many more blocks would Baye had today? How many more rebounds? Would he have altered more shots? I don't know but if he did I wouldn't gather it to be more than one or two more.

Ok, we just spoke about defense. Where should we start on offense?

He wouldn't have helped tonight...might have cost us the game.

Agreed. Rak made a game changing play at least every 2-4 minutes in this game. If Baye's in, zero chance for a score and maybe a rebound, block (or game ending steal) doesn't happen.

I wish it were a WHEN Baye comes back situation and not IF... Or do you guys think it's a matter of IF.
From everything around, he'll be back. There is another thread that mentions him saying he'd def be back for acc tourney first handed at the hockey game last night.

How many more blocks would Baye had today? How many more rebounds? Would he have altered more shots? I don't know but if he did I wouldn't gather it to be more than one or two more.

Ok, we just spoke about defense. Where should we start on offense?
How many points in the paint did we give up tonight? Rak has to pick his spots . Give me Baye and 5 more fouls and some hustle and whacking and fire.

At the very least, what Baye means is that G is never on the backline of the zone. I hate our 3 guard lineup because it compromises the zone way too much.

How many points in the paint did we give up tonight? Rak has to pick his spots . Give me Baye and 5 more fouls and some hustle and whacking and fire.

And I'll give it to you for 8-10 minutes a game :)

At the very least, what Baye means is that G is never on the backline of the zone. I hate our 3 guard lineup because it compromises the zone way too much.
I don't see that at all. G is v good defensively

Agreed, I was actually going to post in the game thread about that play he made on Vanderbeek there in the paint where the ball was pingponging around. I think G may be our best defender at the top of the zone, and I think he's our best guy off the bench to be on the back line of the zone. At this point I have as much faith in Roberson as JB has.

He is much better defensively at the guard spots. He does not rebound or recover effectively to the paint in order to play the back.

Baye likely does a better job on Washington and prevents him from having a career night flashing to the foul line. Baye certainly doesn't score the points Rak did tonight, or grab as many rebounds. The are very different centers, each with his benefits and detriments. I like having both of them.

Before someone says this is anti-Rak, Rak was fantastic tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom