Glass is half empty vs. half full | Syracusefan.com

Glass is half empty vs. half full

SU in Hershey

Starter
From reading many posts on the basketball board, it is clear that we have fans all over the place as to their feelings on where this team is headed. We have the doomsayers and the Pollyanna types and a bunch of us in between.

I believe that we are still capable of beating any team we play. With our defensive style and offensive POTENTIAL, there is no team out of our reach. On a good day for us, I like our chances against any team having an equally good day for them.

But...

I also believe that we could lose to almost any tournament worthy team as well. I am not talking about the fringe automatic berth teams, but instead almost anybody from a 14 seed on up. This requires us to have a bad day and for the long shots at least, they need to have a good day. But on a bad day, I don't like our chances against any solid mid-major or major conference at-large bid, let alone the top tier teams.

So here is my question: Are we more likely to lose to a team we should not lose to (half empty) or beat a team that maybe we shouldn't beat (half full)? Or are we still somewhere in between, meaning our fate plays out exactly along our seeding?

I personally am leaning towards the half empty side with fears of getting out of the round of 32. But I think that most likely we will make it to the Sweet 16 and lose to a higher seeded team in that round. I hope this team proves me wrong, and I will certainly hope for that. I look forward to everyone else's thoughts and rationale for them (if you so choose).

I think we'll beat a higher seed on the way to the sweet 16 where we'll bow out to a lower seeded team.

Where does that put my glass?

College hoops is a really imperfect game right now. Teams win by polluting real basketball skill, and everyone has massive flaws.

We're another team with massive flaws, but we also have some really good players, a really good coach, and a really unique style. Lightning may strike.

War Damn Otto

My glass is chuck full of pbr
But does that mean you won't drink any? Silly me, it just means you'll refill it! :rolling:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have a better chance of losing round of 32 than making the elite 8.

This is my opinion after watching every single game this year except the Sd state game, which I listened to on the radio.

Some may call it pessimism; I call it reality.

I'll be rooting my off either way.

I think we have a better chance of losing round of 32 than making the elite 8.

This is my opinion after watching every single game this year except the Sd state game, which I listened to on the radio.

Some may call it pessimism; I call it reality.

I'll be rooting my off either way.
I think it all depends on our bracket, more so than other years. I'll be rooting like a madman, but I ain't betting my on anything, because I need something to think with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom