Glenn Robinson III? | Syracusefan.com

Glenn Robinson III?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
What's the fascination with this kid? How the heck is he a borderline lottery pick and CJ is second round material? I've seen him play several times - all he does is dunk and get fast break layups.

What's his NBA position? He's a 6'6 college stretch 4. Not nearly big enough to play the NBA 4 and not nearly athletic enough to play the 3. Heck, I don't even know if he's big enough to play the 3 and try to guard Melo/Durant/Lebron/Gay/Granger/Pierce/Artest - these guys are all 6'8 and strong.

What stat here suggests he'll have any success in the NBA:

32% 3Pt
68% FT

He played with the best PG in the country this season on a team that launched away threes like Hamas launches rockets, and was the beneficiary of extended defenses falling asleep, then catching and dunking uncontested plays.

How is he considered a lottery pick and CJ is 2nd round? CJ is bigger, better shooter, more athletic.

I'd love to hear an argument.

Nobody has seen him enough yet. He better improve a lot and get much stonger or in another year he will probably be a 2nd rounder.

Obviously his dad being a very good NBA player helps his case hype-wise, but he's absolutely a SF at the next level, whereas CJ Fair would have to play SF but doesn't really have SF skills. Robinson is a much better ball-handler and passer at this point, and also finishes inside at a far better rate. Also has a shot that he can get off without needing to be left wide, wide open the way CJ does with his 3 ball, and he makes better cuts/actually makes cuts.

4:30 presser today for him and McGary. My guess is both are staying or they could have just declared with Timmy yesterday.

Obviously his dad being a very good NBA player helps his case hype-wise, but he's absolutely a SF at the next level, whereas CJ Fair would have to play SF but doesn't really have SF skills. Robinson is a much better ball-handler and passer at this point, and also finishes inside at a far better rate. Also has a shot that he can get off without needing to be left wide, wide open the way CJ does with his 3 ball, and he makes better cuts/actually makes cuts.

Agree on everything except for the "ability to make cuts." Also, you left off CJ's ability to hit everything under duress inside of the arc. Robinson is missing that - and it's 80% of CJ's game.

4:30 presser today for him and McGary. My guess is both are staying or they could have just declared with Timmy yesterday.
Yea and they're gonna announce together that they're sticking together for 1 more season

Unreal that guys like Smart, Gary Harris, McGary, Robinson (who were all top 20 picks) are coming back...but CJ is still on the fence.

probably the same people who are fascinated with mcw as a lottery pick.

What's the fascination with this kid? How the heck is he a borderline lottery pick and CJ is second round material? I've seen him play several times - all he does is dunk and get fast break layups.

What's his NBA position? He's a 6'6 college stretch 4. Not nearly big enough to play the NBA 4 and not nearly athletic enough to play the 3. Heck, I don't even know if he's big enough to play the 3 and try to guard Melo/Durant/Lebron/Gay/Granger/Pierce/Artest - these guys are all 6'8 and strong.

What stat here suggests he'll have any success in the NBA:

32% 3Pt
68% FT

He played with the best PG in the country this season on a team that launched away threes like Hamas launches rockets, and was the beneficiary of extended defenses falling asleep, then catching and dunking uncontested plays.

How is he considered a lottery pick and CJ is 2nd round? CJ is bigger, better shooter, more athletic.

I'd love to hear an argument.

I like him as a draft pick - a lot.

Has great form on his shot, has a nice frame, pretty athletic - not great with the ball, but already capable enough to make you think he's going to be okay in that regard (unlike a Wes or Dirty). If he came out this year I would be thrilled to get him in the 20's.

Bradley Beal was a kid whose percentage wasn't that great as a Frosh either (.339) but the form was there and shot it pretty well his first year in the NBA.

Being an effective college player does not equate to being an effective NBA player.

I love CJ Fair, and think he is a great college basketball player. But Robinson has more upside in terms of NBA potential in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom