gmac (for the worrisome among us) | Syracusefan.com

gmac (for the worrisome among us)

Timonen

All Conference
so if golden goes to psu, miami's new coach could be looking for someone with strong recruiting ties there. it's the one scenario where performing moderately well in a single year at cuse could move him up.

There would be so many hats in the ring they wouldn't know where to start.

Well #1 he's used to coaching in a half empty stadium, at least in Miami he could call plays from a real box and not have to run the gauntlet of fans at halftime

Well #1 he's used to coaching in a half empty stadium, at least in Miami he could call plays from a real box and not have to run the gauntlet of fans at halftime

Hey! That gauntlet includes some of the finest and most prolific posters on this board! Tread cautiously, friend. ;)

Hey! That gauntlet includes some of the finest and most prolific posters on this board! Tread cautiously, friend. ;)

Well now refer to those in 301/302 as sitting in the Gaunlet!

the fact that we don't have a decent press box... ugh

mcdonald is not being named the oc at miami regardless of who is coaching them

xsmall_McDonaldGeorge_13.jpg

And STOP CALLING ME GMAC!!!

mcdonald is not being named the oc at miami regardless of who is coaching them

Pretty sure he is suggesting that Miami might give Macdonald the HC gig, not the OC gig.

This is a joke right

No I don't think it was a joke, but its a little ridiculous to think a guy who did spent his first season as an OC presiding over a horrific offense that couldn't pass the ball for basically all of the conference season would be hired as a HC the very next season.

I don't think it is a coincidence that our best recruiting class in a long time is going to come in the first year we have a guy with highly regarded recruiting ability, but you simply can't hire a coach at a big time program like Miami who is 98% recruiting skill and 2% coaching skill at this point in his career. It would be different if this were a school like Virginia who needs a recruiter to get back to prominence, but not at Miami.

Out of curiosity, do the coaches get the gears from the fans on their trips to the coaches box?

I could see Miami hiring him as a position coach and giving him a good title but there is no way he would be hired as the HC and i seriously doubt OC. Miami doesnt need great recruiters they need to win. If they win they can pick who they want within a 100 mile radius from the school. They will go with a seasoned HC and staff I think that MCD needs to hone his OC skills for another year or two in order to move onto a better job which in my opinion would be an OC position at another school. I just do not see head coach materialin him unless it was at a much smaller school.

It would help if people learned to spell the coaches' names correctly. Here are the two that seem to trip people up:
  • Shafer
  • McDonald
They're the simplest for of each name's pronunciation. No 'c', no double 'f', no 'e' before the 'f'. No 'a' before the 'c'.

Last edited:
McDonald stays - looks at no Golden in Miami and no Strong at Louisville and gets his FL plane tickets ready for a few new recruiting targets.

Out of curiosity, do the coaches get the gears from the fans on their trips to the coaches box?

Haven't sat in that area for several years, but I did see some back in the day. Nothing obnoxious, as I recall. Can't speak for present Gauntlet ticket holders, though.

I have seen some boo birds under the previous regime doing their Coco the Monkey arm waving histrionics but nothing too severe. At least they haven't been posterized making their way down!