Gminski | Syracusefan.com

Gminski

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but did anyone else hear Gminski talking about someone taking a deep three, how that the court is named after JB and that the kid took the shot from near the "K"? I wanted to punch the big Dukie in the knee.

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but did anyone else hear Gminski talking about someone taking a deep three, how that the court is named after JB and that the kid took the shot from near the "K"? I wanted to punch the big Dukie in the knee.
Actually he said "from the J," as in "Jimmy."

Glad I was at the game, but can we get a new color guy for Syracuse games. He literally does every game that isn't on ESPN.

I thought I heard K as well.

Glad I was at the game, but can we get a new color guy for Syracuse games. He literally does every game that isn't on ESPN.

At least we didn't have Tom Werme again, he is brutal.

I gotta say I kinda like Gminski as an analyst. Bilas is almost too complimentary to SU and JB. Gminski sounds like a neutral and fair guy with a good eye for what's happening on the court.

I like him as well. His tone of voice sounds a bit like some unschooled rube but he knows what he is talking about like you say.

I gotta say I kinda like Gminski as an analyst. Bilas is almost too complimentary to SU and JB. Gminski sounds like a neutral and fair guy with a good eye for what's happening on the court.

I grew up with Joel Mareiness calling the games on radio, so all my early SU hoops experiences were with blatant homers calling the game. So it's always my preference to have somebody call the game who is "one of our guys" - an SU alum or not (Tirico, McDonough, Raferty, Bilas, etc.).

I grew up with Joel Mareiness calling the games on radio, so all my early SU hoops experiences were with blatant homers calling the game. So it's always my preference to have somebody call the game who is "one of our guys" - an SU alum or not (Tirico, McDonough, Raferty, Bilas, etc.).

I remember him...I actually used to watch Bowling for Dollars back in the day too. :) I thought Dave Cohen was also good doing our games on cable 13 I think it was. :)

I remember him...I actually used to watch Bowling for Dollars back in the day too. :) I thought Dave Cohen was also good doing our games on cable 13 I think it was. :)
And radio????? Doug Logan was my favorite. Great homer for the CUse.

Lydon's game is not unlike G-Man in the NBA. Bit too young to have seen him at Duke.

Tim Brando is doing play-by-play tomorrow. I did his stats and info prep for the game. If he brings up things like 2/3 of AWIII's field goal attempts have been 3-pt shots or that Cameron Johnson set a school record with 8 consecutive 3's earlier this year, or Brando makes a "Rico" reference, you'll know where he got that stuff.

I take no credit or blame for what the G-Man says. ;)

Tim Brando is doing play-by-play tomorrow. I did his stats and info prep for the game. If he brings up things like 2/3 of AWIII's field goal attempts have been 3-pt shots or that Cameron Johnson set a school record with 8 consecutive 3's earlier this year, or Brando makes a "Rico" reference, you'll know where he got that stuff.

I take no credit or blame for what the G-Man says. ;)
I see on Twitter they had dinner with Matt Park tonight. Did you get an invite?

I see on Twitter they had dinner with Matt Park tonight. Did you get an invite?

Heck no. Brando doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. He just knows my work and probably thinks it's someone else's work. :( :rolling:

G'Man's game was actually ahead of his time. A 5 man who could hit the perimeter shot. Good compliment to Barkley and Mahorn down low. That 89-90 Sixer team was a favorite of mine. Those 3 along with Dawkins and Hawkins. I have always said that if Derek Smith did not get hurt they could have beaten the Bulls.