Go to Option? Wanna reconsider? | Syracusefan.com

Go to Option? Wanna reconsider?

Townie72

All American
We discussed what SU's "go to" option might be when we had to have a basket.

Anybody want to reconsider their answers based on what we have just witnessed?

OK. I know Southerland is out which limits our options. And teams can have an off day.

I still say its CJ Fair inside and see what he can come up with. Although he has had problems finishing today.

I ain't to put the ball in Triche's hands. Too erratic.

We have just watched 20 minutes of what happens when a team decides it doesn't want MCW driving the lane.

This team is good because of Defense and because of the transition baskets we get off the defense. Our half court offense is not very good.

Press and extend, got to change the tempo.

Agreed. Our "go to" offense is transition basketball. Need to do a better job on the glass [got killed on boards in first half] and forcing turnovers to run.

CJ is not a "go to" guy . . . that is, not a guy you run plays for. 90% of his points come from dump offs & put backs. He's a very valuable player and knows how to get points, but he doesn't have the offensive arsenal of a go-to guy.

it has to be MCW; he is the guy with the tools to make things happen both for himself & for others (including dropping it off to CJ)

CJ is not a "go to" guy . . . that is, not a guy you run plays for. 90% of his points come from dump offs & put backs. He's a very valuable player and knows how to get points, but he doesn't have the offensive arsenal of a go-to guy.

it has to be MCW; he is the guy with the tools to make things happen both for himself & for others (including dropping it off to CJ)

Looks like we ran some plays to get him the ball during that stretch.

I said cj last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we ran some plays to get him the ball during that stretch.
excuse me while I eat my hat

but in my defense, I will say that it was sparked by MCW creating & finding him in rhythm for a couple of buckets

CJ is a right hand away from being a great mid-range scorer he is still very good. Credit JB for running the curl to get his to his left hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom