God Help Us All | Syracusefan.com

God Help Us All

017.jpg

Indeed. "For the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men" - as I have heard 1 Corinthians chapter 1 verse 25 paraphrased. You know, you guys are not an FCS (1-AA) program - a fairly significant difference between 63 and 85 scholarships - you've got some players, and nobody gave 1-AA Appalachian State a chance against Michigan, 1-AA Georgia Southern a chance against Florida at the "Swamp", probably not many predicted you would beat a Number 1 ranked Nebraska team, and so many other cases where there were "upsets". The game must be played on the field and that football can take some funny bounces. If I lived up there I would go to the game to show support for you folks - hope all of you who are local will do so for the home team.

Indeed. "For the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men" - as I have heard 1 Corinthians chapter 1 verse 25 paraphrased. You know, you guys are not an FCS (1-AA) program - a fairly significant difference between 63 and 85 scholarships - you've got some players, and nobody gave 1-AA Appalachian State a chance against Michigan, 1-AA Georgia Southern a chance against Florida at the "Swamp", probably not many predicted you would beat a Number 1 ranked Nebraska team, and so many other cases where there were "upsets". The game must be played on the field and that football can take some funny bounces. If I lived up there I would go to the game to show support for you folks - hope all of you who are local will do so for the home team.

You sound like a fan of Saturday football. Thank you for sharing!!

I'm excited to see Mahoney play. I don't expect him to play as well as Dungey has or would play because that would be very weird, sort of like being able to eat two pints of my favorite ice cream every day without gaining any weight. But I believe Lester when he says Mahoney can make the throws because when I watched Mahoney's tape a while back he made throws. He also runs well. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders too. He handled OT very well. This situation is similar to Wilson starting last season against FSU, and I think it says something that Lester has Mahoney ahead of Wilson even though Wilson has that experience.

Last edited: