Going to be interested to see how Joe plays against UNC | Syracusefan.com

Going to be interested to see how Joe plays against UNC

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
to my eye it looked like he got caught up in trying to duel Anthony which obviously is not to his or the team's advantage. Eli is going to do his thing. Buddy and Marek are what they are, we need Joe to be good. Not better than Anthony good but good. How he responds to a fairly recent beat down is something I'm watching for Wednesday (assuming UNC beats VA Tech).

and off topic did we recruit David Robinson's son at Duke?

Joe has not been good for a long time. Or at least not up to the standard we expect him to be at. He very much reminds me of McNamara who was so off everyone was questioning his ability to even be on the team, causing the coach to say not even 10 games! But he and Buddy both have been pretty much locked up and have not shown any ability to get themselves open. Buddy has been a bit better being able to drive and hit the pull up jumper, but neither are getting clean looks from 3. Then when they actually do they rush their shots and miss more than they make. Buddy seems coachable and I believe will come back better next year. Joe? We shall see.

(assuming UNC beats VA Tech).
I agree with you. But, its amazing how easily everyone is dismissing Va Tech. The line is 4 points tonight. FOUR.POINTS. and the game is in Greensboro. This game has last possession written all over it.

I hope Buddy gets to the point when Rautins would come off screens firing. Rautins really developed that part of his game his senior year. He could square his shoulders up while he was in the air. Buddy’s release can be a little slow.

Based on Miami game think we’ll get the usual Joe, hoping I’m wrong

lotta talk about UNC. i'm not counting out the hokies. they play us tight in january both games.

Joe very much likes the one on one battles ive noticed lately. Even in the Miami game, a defender clapped as he guarding Joe, who then proceeded to fire a guarded 30fter and missed badly. He did it with Anthony, Prentis Hubb, etc.

I honestly love that fire in him but he has to recognize there’s a time and place to do stuff like that...especially if you have Eli Hughes on you’re team

Joe very much likes the one on one battles ive noticed lately. Even in the Miami game, a defender clapped as he guarding Joe, who then proceeded to fire a guarded 30fter and missed badly. He did it with Anthony, Prentis Hubb, etc.

I honestly love that fire in him but he has to recognize there’s a time and place to do stuff like that...especially if you have Eli Hughes on you’re team

I suppose it drifts in both directions. We got that hot streak against Notre Dame when he went on a personal battle, and when Hughes first went out he took a lot on his shoulders - and fared pretty well. Ever since that though he's been horribly awful more often than not.

I agree with you. But, its amazing how easily everyone is dismissing Va Tech. The line is 4 points tonight. FOUR.POINTS. and the game is in Greensboro. This game has last possession written all over it.
Whoops

I suppose it drifts in both directions. We got that hot streak against Notre Dame when he went on a personal battle, and when Hughes first went out he took a lot on his shoulders - and fared pretty well. Ever since that though he's been horribly awful more often than not.
Not impressed