Gonzaga - worst 1 seed ever? | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga - worst 1 seed ever?

jekelish

Living Legend
I realize it's still extremely early but they're struggling against Wichita State so far, after nearly getting knocked off by a 16 seed. This has to be one of the worst 1 seeds ever, right?

Discuss.

Kansas may have something to say about that tomorrow...

By the way guys, look, here's a picture of Kelly Olynyk from his Little League days:

tumblr_m8moiiGB371r2zc9ho1_500.png

Gonzaga is terrible. They get pushed around far too easily. Never seen a "good" or "great" team get pushed around like this.

Zags are very weak!

I also went to the future and found some footage of what NBA players are going to do to Olynyk:

I'm not going to argue that point. Probably the best chance for a 16 over a 1 we're going to see for a bit. Unless they keep giving the Zags #1 seeds.

Another contestant:

Purdue 1996- won by 2 over W Carolina in the 1st round, who had a few looks at 3's in the final seconds. Went on to lose to Georgia in the next round.

U know the elbows are a joke when the players are looking for the officials to call it WHILE falling to the ground...

Gottlieb on the ball again, moving screens by Zags not getting called.

Auburn in 1999, if for no other reason than auburn has no business ever being a 1 seed in basketball.

There was a time when Syracuse seemed very fortunate to be the 8 seed in Auburn's region. All we had to do was beat a totally average Oklahoma State team and we'd get to play the worst one seed of all time.

Didn't work out.

Anyway, I don't think Gonzaga's the worst.

Super momentum play on tip.

Bell is a major injury for Gonzaga. Deep at point and 4/5, but outside of Bell, very limited at 2/3 (a few role players).

These tv "experts" are the only ones surprised Gonzaga lost early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom