Good article by Seth Davis on all the draftees... | Syracusefan.com

Good article by Seth Davis on all the draftees...

Deano

All American
Sounds like the scout loves Dion, but optomistic about Fab and Kris Jo. No mention of Scoop.

I like the analysis about Renardo Sidney:

"He can't play more than three or four minutes at a time. No one will touch him. He has no chance. I'll let somebody else take that project on."

LOL...kid has to be one of the most over hyped kids coming out of high school since Lenny Cooke.​

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/index.html

Said they'd take Lamb 5 times a day over Dion? Hmmm.

I think you have that backwards:

Dion Waiters, 6-4 guard, Syracuse: "I'm a big fan. He's Dwyane Wade-ish. I don't know if he's pure enough to be a two, but he's just a baller. And he definitely has a little toughness in him. The only drawback is he's a little small, but he's thick, and he's a surly guy. He'll be an East Coast version of Rodney Stuckey. I would take him over Jeremy Lamb five times a day."

Jeremy Lamb is such a slug. He has no motor. Jeremy Lamb will be lucky to average 4 and 2.

Jeremy Lamb is such a slug. He has no motor. Jeremy Lamb will be lucky to average 4 and 2.
I don't know if its his motor or if he's just not a go to player. His game reminds me of Lawrence Moten's where all of a sudden he has 19 and 7 but alot of times you don't even notice him out there.
I do agree with your prediction about averaging 4 and 2 but not because of his motor but because he's weaker than the SU female cheerleaders and won't be able to guard anyone to stay on the court. Hell even Steve Novak and Mike Dunleavy are still in the league then maybe Lamb will stick.
As for Dion, I hope he plays defense and stays injury free that will result in a solid career. He always reminded me of a shorter Corey Maggettee.

Sounds like the scout loves Dion, but optomistic about Fab and Kris Jo. No mention of Scoop.

I like the analysis about Renardo Sidney:

"He can't play more than three or four minutes at a time. No one will touch him. He has no chance. I'll let somebody else take that project on."​
LOL...kid has to be one of the most over hyped kids coming out of high school since Lenny Cooke.​

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/index.html
Sidney is damn good, just never worked. If he got in shape he'd be unstoppable in the paint.

Sidney is damn good, just never worked. If he got in shape he'd be unstoppable in the paint.
I agree with you about getting in shape. It just amazes me that some kids get it and some don't. He's got a world of potential but doesn't take advantage of it. He'll end up overseas somewhere making minimal money.

That's even more telling because the scout liked Lamb.

Those paragraphs are a combination of 6 different scouts. So while one of them might have said he really likes Lamb, another could have said they'd take Waiters 5x a day over him.

I think Lamb will be the better pro personally, but we'll see.

@AdamZagoria
UConn's Jeremy Lamb is not among 14 Green Room guys meeting today w/ media. Source says he's meeting with a team instead.

I think Lamb will be the better pro personally, but we'll see.

What about Lamb screams pro to you? (serious question)

I think the kid really doesn't enjoy playing the game, tends to disappear for large stretches, and struggles leading a team. He'll never be a number 1 for a team, that's for sure.

I think the kid really doesn't enjoy playing the game, tends to disappear for large stretches, and struggles leading a team. He'll never be a number 1 for a team, that's for sure.

I don't think he'll be a number 1 for a team. I think he can be a number 3. I think Waiters is destined for a sixth man role.

Lamb just has an NBA game. Smart with his shot selection, good stroke, good touch around the rim, athletic finisher, gigantic wingspan. He has a lot of potential, and I think his personality is perfect for a #2 or 3 scorer on a team.

There was alot of issues on that UConn team last year; namely between Shabazz and Lamb; and if your PG and you have problems, you're gonna disappear for stretches.

It was mostly Shabazz driven as well.

I agree with Melancer though, he made good points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom