Good article on Cooper...and a small world story | Syracusefan.com

Good article on Cooper...and a small world story

cuseguy

Living Legend
Glad I took the time to read the piece on Corey Cooper this afternoon in the PS.

Small world story. While I'm reading the article, it mentions that Cooper's mom worked at Yale-New Haven Hospital (in Connecticut) and that Corey suffered a life threatening incident there just after birth. The Cooper family lives in North Carolina now, but I stop for a moment and recall: I remember a Cooper who was a standout in several sports in New Haven back in the 80s. The article makes no reference to this, but after a quick google, I find that Corey's dad, Cleo, was indeed a three-sport standout at Hillhouse High (same school that Floyd Little attended, BTW) in the mids 80s. Cleo was an All-State receiver and a member of the school's state championship football team. He was also a pretty good basketball and baseball player. He played on the same basketball team with Tharon Mayes, who went on to have an excellent career at Florida State. But football was Cleo's sport. I covered high school sports for the New Haven Register at that time. Cleo Cooper was one of the finest athletes to come out of New Haven during the some 20 years I worked at the Register. It appears he passed on some fine athletic genes to his son. Let's hope Corey spends some of that quiet time in his room studying.;)

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/02/top_recruit_corey_cooper_avoid.html

You heading to the BET this year?

Great story about a great family.

I hope all the rumors about grades are just that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom