Good bye Lucy's | Syracusefan.com

Good bye Lucy's

Another definition of getting old:

reading about the closing of a bar on the hill and you have no idea where it is...

and when you read the DO article about the closing you realize that Lucy's is the 4th incarnation of the bar you went to when you were on the hill...I knew it as Bugsy's with 4 for 1 night in big red cups...

I'm even older. I knew it as the Orange. Which it was for many, many years. It was even the Orange when my mother went there in the late 40s.
So for me, glad to see the Orange back. It is almost like resurrecting "44"!!

Only went to Lucy's like 5 total times. Too much greek garbage polluting that bar.

I miss Braggs, Sutters and other bars of that era.

I miss Braggs, Sutters and other bars of that era.

$3 all the beer u could drink @ shutters on Thursday nights

4 for 1 on Wednedays at buggsy's

32 oz beers for a buck @ bragg's on Saturdays

$1 import night at Maggie's

Don't think I ever spent a dime @ faegen's - always knew bartenders

A miracle I ever graduated...

Back in the day when the drinking age was 18, The Orange was a very busy, very successful bar. It's business plan was simple: It was the only bar within walking distance of the campus... and none of the underclassmen had cars. The place was jammed every night of the week.

Back in the day when the drinking age was 18, The Orange was a very busy, very successful bar. It's business plan was simple: It was the only bar within walking distance of the campus... and none of the underclassmen had cars. The place was jammed every night of the week.
and extra jammed on Thursdays.

I remember all the Greek hotties were there. And I'm not Greek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom