good coach's dont lose 4 straight | Syracusefan.com

good coach's dont lose 4 straight

rosconey

All Conference
when you play in the weakest league in the nation against walkon qbs and 3rd stringers-
plain and simple folks

Well, lucky for SU then. Munchie was the 2nd stringer, and UCONN beat us with a scholie quarterback that we couldn't contain.

1986: Mississippi State 17-24, Army 28-33, Virginia Tech 17-26, Rutgers 10-16. We had a pretty good coach at the time.

1986: Mississippi State 17-24, Army 28-33, Virginia Tech 17-26, Rutgers 10-16. We had a pretty good coach at the time.

SACK MAC !!!

SACK MAC !!!

Wait...

Nick Saban, Lombardi, Coach K, Phil Jackson, Pete Carroll, Mack Brown, Jim Boehiem...tons have coaches have lost 4 in a row! Yes it sucks and yes it seems like the sky is falling, but geez how could we not expect this, once a cuse team gets a case of the wins they let up, but guys we are 100x better than were we were...he will be the coach for the next 20 years and you will have a statue of him outside the dome...just wait till next year where we worship him! its going to happen...we have to believe that the best is yet to come...once we actually put money in our facilities can any coach recruit...just think we got lucky w melo and now his center is the prime facility in the country and see the recruits piling on...we need to duplicate this with football

It will be a bit more difficult to build a Football Empire here than a basketball one, because we already had notoriety in Basketball for many years, & football is more prized in the south. However, I do understand Cuse4Life's blueprint concept.

You are correct, money for facilities will help the program immensely, It worked at Oregon, where they are now competing for National Titles, & just a few short years ago, they were lucky to win 7 games a season...

It will be a bit more difficult to build a Football Empire here than a basketball one, because we already had notoriety in Basketball for many years, & football is more prized in the south. However, I do understand Cuse4Life's blueprint concept.

You are correct, money for facilities will help the program immensely, It worked at Oregon, where they are now competing for National Titles, & just a few short years ago, they were lucky to win 7 games a season...

Do you have any idea the talent level Oregon recruits from? Have you been to Oregon? Kids growing up on the West Coast LOVE Oregon...particularly the CA kids. They vacation there in the summer and the want to go there.

No kid is spending any time in Upstate NY and saying: "Damn! This is where I want to be!"

They may say: "This is where I want to ball!". But that is because they are playing before 20,000 people in The Done. That is unique. There is NOTHING unique about SYR football. When are people going to get that through their heads?

44cuse

Do you have any idea the talent level Oregon recruits from? Have you been to Oregon? Kids growing up on the West Coast LOVE Oregon...particularly the CA kids. They vacation there in the summer and the want to go there.

No kid is spending any time in Upstate NY and saying: "Damn! This is where I want to be!"

They may say: "This is where I want to ball!". But that is because they are playing before 20,000 people in The Done. That is unique. There is NOTHING unique about SYR football. When are people going to get that through their heads?

44cuse

NOTHING unique?

Your NAME proves you wrong !!!!

The Legend of 44 is a unique concept. Bring someone in here who can compete to wear that coveted number, & follow in the footsteps of Jim Brown & Ernie Davis...

Challenge a star rb recruit to come in & meet a certain standard for year one, & they can have that number in year 2. DARE them to be mentioned in the same breath as those past legends !!!

In addition, create a facility that DWARFS all others, MAKE Syracuse UNIQUE by making a unique facility. It CAN BE DONE !!!

If one of our past legends came in & helped build such a structure, we could be the envy of the Northeast, & maybe the WORLD !!!

The McNabb Center, also known as, The Donovan Dome, would become a great place for recruits to come & prepare for battle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom