Good Guy | Syracusefan.com

Good Guy

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Because this was at the nyshsfcaa clinic, I'm not going to divulge too much. But, I will, say this. I respect Doug Marrone as much as I did before he left. Scott Schaffer seriously excites me. Bill O'Brien is fascinating. If you want direct details I'll entertain pm's. But, ultimately, every single one of these guys is well spoken and IMO uniquely a great coach in his own way. There were so many good thoughts and concepts today that I got caught up in it. But each of these coaches excited me today. I consider myself lucky to have been in such close proximity to them and to hear them speak. We are lucky to have A) Doug as a coach and B) to have Scott in line next. I can't even tell you how many nys coaches are excited to have HCSS at SU. Great day to be a llocal coach.

This post deserves a lot of likes!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Many on here seem to hate on Doug, will never and refuse to understand that. They seem to forget that only reason their boy Shafer is here is because of Doug. Doug Marrone saved SU football and I respect him a ton for it.
One of the most important thing a leader does is to find and groom his/her replacement. If you aren't doing at, you aren't doing your job.

Because this was at the nyshsfcaa clinic, I'm not going to divulge too much. But, I will, say this. I respect Doug Marrone as much as I did before he left. Scott Schaffer seriously excites me. Bill O'Brien is fascinating
It only occurred to me after, but why the hell is Bill O'Brien allowed to attend such an event, as a representative of that disgusting institution? Seriously, genuine question.

Because this was at the nyshsfcaa clinic, I'm not going to divulge too much. But, I will, say this. I respect Doug Marrone as much as I did before he left. Scott Schaffer seriously excites me. Bill O'Brien is fascinating. If you want direct details I'll entertain pm's. But, ultimately, every single one of these guys is well spoken and IMO uniquely a great coach in his own way. There were so many good thoughts and concepts today that I got caught up in it. But each of these coaches excited me today. I consider myself lucky to have been in such close proximity to them and to hear them speak. We are lucky to have A) Doug as a coach and B) to have Scott in line next. I can't even tell you how many nys coaches are excited to have HCSS at SU. Great day to be a llocal coach.
Finwad I agree. you know who i was totally impressed with more than anybody? Doaust. He is a very thorough and energetic speaker. He knows his stuff. I am surprise he wasnt given the DC position. He has learned quite a bit from shafer. Shaf may feel like he is not ready. Just a matter of time. I enjoyed marrone and obrien's talk even though they were over doing the complements to each other.

It only occurred to me after, but why the hell is Bill O'Brien allowed to attend such an event, as a representative of that disgusting institution? Seriously, genuine question.
Um, he's good and has a lot to offer the audience...and he the potential of offering kids a great opportunity. Not sure why hs coaches would ever turn down someone of his prominence. Now, the question is whether we're at the pa and nj conventions. Would be great if doable.

Fil
filled in for George O'Leary last minute.

a good man trying to be part of the solution is tranished?

It's funny. People act like O'Brien had anything at all to do with it.
He didn't. But as one of the apparently few who believe that they deserved the NCAA death penalty for at least 5 years, I don't think anyone should be doing anything to rehabilitate that program and its image - yet.

It's funny. People act like O'Brien had anything at all to do with it.

He is obviously a bright guy and a great coach. But he chose to go to an institution that turned a blind eye to what was going on for 3 decades. While he and the players he coaches had nothing to do with it, he still chose to work for an unethical and sick institution.

And if he himself cared so much, why did he keep on staff, for recruiting purposes, 2 coaches who no doubt knew what had been going on during their 20 years there.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Finwad I agree. you know who i was totally impressed with more than anybody? Doaust. He is a very thorough and energetic speaker. He knows his stuff. I am surprise he wasnt given the DC position. He has learned quite a bit from shafer. Shaf may feel like he is not ready. Just a matter of time. I enjoyed marrone and obrien's talk even though they were over doing the complements to each other.
You're right money, the bro love was definitely thick. But, I was also impressed with Daoust. He spoke in depth, well, with energy and seemed to really love what he was doing. He'd never say that about himself but I enjoyed him. I missed Moore's portion next, I had to go, how was he?

He is obviously a bright guy and a great coach. But he chose to go to an institution that turned a blind eye to what was going on for 3 decades. While he and the players he coaches had nothing to do with it, he still chose to work for an unethical and sick institution.

And if he himself cared so much, why did he keep on staff, for recruiting purposes, 2 coaches who no doubt knew what had been going on during their 20 years there.

We helped rebuild Germany and Japan after ww2. Was that out of line? Beyond our own considerations as a competitor, it's goofy to turn away people willing to constructively rebuild there.

We helped rebuild Germany and Japan after ww2. Was that out of line? Beyond our own considerations as a competitor, it's goofy to turn away people willing to constructively rebuild there.

Everyone was out in Germany and Japan. We weren't helping the bad guys rebuild.

You're right money, the bro love was definitely thick. But, I was also impressed with Daoust. He spoke in depth, well, with energy and seemed to really love what he was doing. He'd never say that about himself but I enjoyed him. I missed Moore's portion next, I had to go, how was he?
Moore was solid as usual. Broke down different phases in route running, showed drills and game film with evidence.

Well, I think the point is that OB kept coaches who probably/u doubtedly knew about Sandusky. Was a big mistake to keep them if true.

European aid after WWII was a bit more complex than Penn State football. Not the least of which is that it was in our best interests. There was a great fear Europe would go communist if not rebuilt by us. Not really a good analogy.

Everyone was out in Germany and Japan. We weren't helping the bad guys rebuild.

Nah, we just took them to develop our weapons and rocket programs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nah, we just took them to develop our weapons and rocket programs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Those guys we sent to Texas and Florida - explains a lot.

Well, I think the point is that OB kept coaches who probably/u doubtedly knew about Sandusky. Was a big mistake to keep them if true.

European aid after WWII was a bit more complex than Penn State football. Not the least of which is that it was in our best interests. There was a great fear Europe would go communist if not rebuilt by us. Not really a good analogy.
And as much as it should right now, the Penn State campus does not look like Dresden did in 1945. Metaphorically, of course.

Many on here seem to hate on Doug, will never and refuse to understand that. They seem to forget that only reason their boy Shafer is here is because of Doug. Doug Marrone saved SU football and I respect him a ton for it.
dont hate just don't really care about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom