Good Lord | Syracusefan.com

Good Lord

Indeed. We have bigger problems than LaVar Ball.

Seriously, I thought the thread title was about this game!

He is like the Kardashians. Why is anyone paying any attention to him?

Because... The media forces him on us, decides he is important to see, just like the Kardashians. Dont blame them, blame the media who shows them to us. The media is possibly THE largest problem in our society today. It's used to disinform us, as well as to distract us from things of actual importance. This board does the same, but at least we choose to come to it. When these people are shoved into your news, you lose that much time for something of importance that could have been shown(not that the would show anything of importance, at least in an honest light). I'm grateful for this thread, and for the OP for starting it. The establishment loves for you to be annoyed at people like Lavar, instead of the people youd likely be more than annoyed at, who actually have an effect on much more than your entertainment, you know? Food for thought.

Indeed. We have bigger problems than LaVar Ball.

Wait, our team, or our society in general? Right after I hit the post button, I realized you might have meant something different than the team.

Seriously, I thought the thread title was about this game!

Because... The media forces him on us, decides he is important to see, just like the Kardashians. Dont blame them, blame the media who shows them to us. The media is possibly THE largest problem in our society today. It's used to disinform us, as well as to distract us from things of actual importance. This board does the same, but at least we choose to come to it. When these people are shoved into your news, you lose that much time for something of importance that could have been shown(not that the would show anything of importance, at least in an honest light). I'm grateful for this thread, and for the OP for starting it. The establishment loves for you to be annoyed at people like Lavar, instead of the people youd likely be more than annoyed at, who actually have an effect on much more than your entertainment, you know? Food for thought.
Nobody forced him to look at that article. Nobody forced anybody to read the articles that have been about the Ball's. But people do, apparently in mass.

It's more the consumer(public) forcing Ball onto the media by continuing to view/watch them.

He is like the Kardashians. Why is anyone paying any attention to him?

It's like that scene in the Howard Stern movie Private Parts.

The reason that people who love him tune in? They want to see what he will say next.
The reason that people who hate him tune in? They want to see what he will say next.

Oh good lord I hope he doesn't resort to a gratuitous crotch shot like them!

It's like that scene in the Howard Stern movie Private Parts.

The reason that people who love him tune in? They want to see what he will say next.
The reason that people who hate him tune in? They want to see what he will say next.

EPIC movie, it is fun being the "King Of All Media"(tm) and having people "gathered here today, in praise of me". ;) You're right, there are some people who find the Balls as entertaining as stern's private parts. Actually, what's the deal with this board, talking about stern's private parts and kardashian krotches(tm) in back to back posts in a thread about balls? Y'alls' minds in the gutter!

I'm having so much fun that I'm avoiding working right now like many of you(albeit my own dime, I have ethics! lol)

Nobody forced him to look at that article. Nobody forced anybody to read the articles that have been about the Ball's. But people do, apparently in mass.

It's more the consumer(public) forcing Ball onto the media by continuing to view/watch them.

Youre right that nobody forced him to read the article, but what about when youre watching ESPN or real news, and this garbage comes on? It was worse when remotes were less prevelant, but still not everyone is into finding something else to watch for 2 minutes, as it isnt always practical, and tv has been shown to have you in a hypnotic state where youre effort(or even critical thinking) is not on it's usual level.

I agree that a portion of the public are complicit, but it's like there are many great bands, pretty women, good authors, content laden websites, mouth watering recipes, etc, that you never know about. The establishment mass media gives these people a platform by forcing consistent exposure/desensitization, like a song that you hate at first but can't get out of your head(stockholm syndrome in a sense, is it not?!?). They know what theyre doing, more than many of us realize, and calling it a free market is not entirely correct. You can look back to the earlier part of the 20th century when we imported Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays, from Germany. Since then, public relations(propaganda) has controlled society to an extent very few are (consciously) aware of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom