Good Luck West Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Good Luck West Virginia

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Wouldn't want to be you

As soon as West Virginia and the Big East agreed on their divorce, the Big 12 released its 2012 schedule that included the Mountaineers. And for all of the talk that West Virginia has played against distant conference opponents before, the consecutive games at Texas (1,400 miles away) and Texas Tech (1,465 miles away) illustrate just what the Mountaineers are in for. I’d say on the way home from Lubbock, West Virginia officials are going to be thinking, “We paid $20 million to put our teams through this?”:crazy:
ESPN

PS: If you like to travel with your team you'll be burned out before your bowl game.

Texas 1195

Texas Tech 1285

Oklahoma State 965

Iowa State 735

Total for four games 4150 miles

Wouldn't want to be you

As soon as West Virginia and the Big East agreed on their divorce, the Big 12 released its 2012 schedule that included the Mountaineers. And for all of the talk that West Virginia has played against distant conference opponents before, the consecutive games at Texas (1,400 miles away) and Texas Tech (1,465 miles away) illustrate just what the Mountaineers are in for. I’d say on the way home from Lubbock, West Virginia officials are going to be thinking, “We paid $20 million to put our teams through this?”:crazy:
ESPN

PS: If you like to travel with your team you'll be burned out before your bowl game.

Texas 1195*

Texas Tech 1285

Oklahoma State 965

Iowa State 735

* All distances as the crow flies. Those given in the articles must be road miles
I know they are an "outlier" but I think the Big 12 is going to go bigger at some point and give them a couple of closer rivals to play with . . . . Cinci? Louisville? . . . . and then go with some sort of dual division set up like the ACC is planning to do.

what's it work out to, an extra hour in a plane each way? it's not like they're driving to those games. I don't see it as being that big of a deal.

University of Washington to Arizona State is 1122 miles and they've been making that work for years.

what's it work out to, an extra hour in a plane each way? it's not like they're driving to those games. I don't see it as being that big of a deal.

University of Washington to Arizona State is 1122 miles and they've been making that work for years.

It's refreshing to see someone cut through the cloud of BS surrounding the supposed horror of travel.

As someone who has spent a lot of time in airports and on airliners, another hour in the air on a trip is almost meaningless. And it doesn't seem to make all that much difference in the cost of a trip.

Besides, if you really want to measure, you have to include all the surface travel before and after the flight and get to "total time". Land in Columbia, SC and you can almost see the USC campus. Land in Houston and you are at the beginning of a rather long bus ride.

Long direct flights are almost always shorter than indirect flights. How many planes do you have to get on to get to Boise? How many hours of layover?

Wouldn't want to be you

ESPN

Texas 1195

Texas Tech 1285

Oklahoma State 965

Iowa State 735

Good thing they have planes nowadays. Wonder how the Pac 10 has survived.

WVU has a 90 mile drive just to get to Pittsburgh airport, so regardless where they are going they have that in front of them.

Outside of that, I agree with the other opinions that an extra hour in the plane is meaningless. An added benefit of longer/larger flights is that they tend to get priority from FAA for takeoff, so actually you are less apt to be delayed than you are a regional flight

WVU has a 90 mile drive just to get to Pittsburgh airport, so regardless where they are going they have that in front of them.

Outside of that, I agree with the other opinions that an extra hour in the plane is meaningless. An added benefit of longer/larger flights is that they tend to get priority from FAA for takeoff, so actually you are less apt to be delayed than you are a regional flight[/quote

I know that it is WV, but you do realize that there is an airport in Morgantown? And an option of charter flights?

Outside of that, I agree with the other opinions that an extra hour in the plane is meaningless. An added benefit of longer/larger flights is that they tend to get priority from FAA for takeoff, so actually you are less apt to be delayed than you are a regional flight
Didn't I read that a condition of membership was a bigger/better airport in Morgantown?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Not everyone is a flyer. All of you guys are forgetting the Madden's of this world, there is a segment of every fanbase that only travels on the highways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom